400whp through a STOCK BRZ MOTOR/Trans

thorne

they need to figure out why its nosing over on the topend, with 400whp that car should easily be running mid 11's @335 and 1.8 60's I ran 12.3@113 . lighter car + 70 whp - win.

toss some DR's on that bitch and break some rearends

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they need to figure out why its nosing over on the topend, with 400whp that car should easily be running mid 11's @335 and 1.8 60's I ran 12.3@113 . lighter car + 70 whp - win.

The 12.1*114 was because he missed the shift into 5th.

It makes 400whp for a fraction of a second of an anemic power band.

120mph sounds like all of it.

Video evidence. :)

Don says the same setup as before, just better weather and driver. I'm trying to verify DRs or not.

But regardless of the tires, that's stock engine with upgraded injectors, pump, clutch, and E85 with a Garret 3076 running 20lbs of boost.

20lbs of boost on a 12.5:1 comp engine. :fuckyeah:

I like that it doesn't sound like a Subaru-

Almost 10's wonder how long it will last being driven "hard" :) Jamie is already setting up races if anyone is interested LOL

A lot of people are wondering if/when the engine will pop. That's some serious cylinder pressures it's running with an open deck and cast internals. They're doing what they can by easing into the boost. Frankly I'm amazed it's held up this far. I think this bodes well for the future.

Ok, the BRZ appears to be shod with MT drag radials. But it was running them for the 12sec passes earlier as well. Seems like this car needs a good driver to get off the line cleanly.

I wonder if using camber bushings to tilt the upper control arm would help... hmm..

A lot of people are wondering if/when the engine will pop. That's some serious cylinder pressures it's running with an open deck and cast internals. They're doing what they can by easing into the boost. Frankly I'm amazed it's held up this far. I think this bodes well for the future.

They are good to go either way- Wiseco already had one apart for Piston and Rod work :)

For those of your that are wondering - this car is configured in a way that I would feel 100% comfortable delivering to a customer. We all want this car to go fast, but what's most important is testing out this package in the way a customer would want it.

If you want the BRZ-400 package, and have e85 local - this is the way you could drive it every single day.

Regular Pumpgas won't be as impressive, but a simple meth injection kit can bring the performance very close to this e85 configuration.

Road course car need not to worry.

I've been testing a very similar setup and it's been taking very abusive 20-30 minute track sessions.

Car details -

440WHP 340WTQ - DynoJet 224

STOCK LONGBLOCK.

Accelerated Performance BRZ-400 Turbo Kit @ 20PSI

AEM Tru Boost Controller

Stock Header

Accelerated Performance catless turbo back exhaust

OMNI 4 BAR Map Sensor

DW65 Pump

DW900 Injectors

Exedy Clutch

Car was tuned using the factory computer using EcuTek RaceRom.

Emphasis mine.

So it still has the stock header with its cat, and this setup is good for more than quick sprints through the gears. Crazy!