FS: Colt LE6920 16in barrel

1fast5gp

Selling my 16in barrel from my LE6920, it has less than 300 rounds through it. It was replaced with a Wilson combat Mk12 barrel for my SPR build.

$260 picked up

-Chrome lined 4150 steel

-1x7 twist

-Cold Hammer Forged

-HP tested, MPI

-Same barrel used in the M4A1 by the US armed forces.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/1fast5gp/2012-08-24_13-33-14_290.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/1fast5gp/2012-08-24_13-32-50_161.jpg

Is there still the issue of colt parts not matching up with non colt parts? I stopped following colt because of that limitation. If it is no limitation, I'll be back in town next week and would like to look at it.

Is there still the issue of colt parts not matching up with non colt parts? I stopped following colt because of that limitation. If it is no limitation, I'll be back in town next week and would like to look at it.

As far as I know, as long as other AR company follows TDP or somewhat close to it, colt parts will work. If a colt part doesn't work with another manufacturer, it is probably because it is an old part where colt had a case of HK-itus. But so far, I never had an issue with a colt part not matching up with a non-colt part. Well with the newer rifles. (this barrel was made in 2009). They only recent incident was back in early 2006, some colts were still using the larger takedown and pivot pins.

Ok, I'll try to set up a time to meet next week, providing its still available. Money talks and first to come and get it would be my expectation.

I can hold it for CR members if anyone is 100% sure on getting it. Lots of interested on ARFCOM but nothing final though.

AFAIK the only thing Colt did that was out of spec was on their comm-spec lowers they used oversized pins for everything. Just to be dicks and not let us commoners use military parts. I've never heard of the barrels being different in any way.