School me on Merc E55's

oh8sti

I'd stay away from a GXP only because it's a Pontiac and no longer in existence.

They are high $30k's and slowly going down.....most are low-$40k's...

The plus is its still got a GM warranty. The fact that pontiac doesn't exist really matters little to me. For the most part it's a mash up of GM parts that are in abundance.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you limited to the GXP on the G8? You can get a G8 GT for the money you have budgeted. They are only available in an auto but I believe that is the case for the E55 too. The difference in power from a GXP to a GT can easily be made up with minor mods you would want to make anyway.

Why are you limited to the GXP on the G8? You can get a G8 GT for the money you have budgeted. They are only available in an auto but I believe that is the case for the E55 too. The difference in power from a GXP to a GT can easily be made up with minor mods you would want to make anyway.

Idk, but driving an auto G8 seems completely different than driving an auto E55 or SMG M5. The other thing is I don't wanna do ANYTHING motor related to the car other than a cat back exhaust.

For the money, the stock performance can't be matched from what I've seen. Throw some ideas at me Paul. Must be 4 door, rear wheel or all wheel and above 400hp stock. I know there are options, but for the quality and resale value, an E55 or CLS55 cant be beat as far as I know. But then again I need educated. Hence the reason of this thread.

I would LOVE if it wasn't a Mercedes. I don't like what comes along with driving a Mercedes (how people view you). Much of the same reason I didn't go with an escalade.

My thing exactly. I hate the stigma of the MB. I hate the way people look at you, but just like anything else...who cares. In the end you have a badass car and enjoy it for what it is. Every car brand has them...every car brand has the exceptions to that rule. Doesnt matter what car you have, you will be lumped into a stigma unless the person knows you personally. Took me a few weeks to get used to it with mine. Bad outweighs the good all day. I still love my car and will drive anywhere the wife wants for anything she wants so that I can drive. I live in Hilliard and often offer food from Polaris or Easton so I can drive. Pisses me off when she wants something from a block away. lol.

I did pull off the star emblem on the car and replaced with a new hood and trunk emblem. Hood just has black ring that says AMG and the trunk I put on the original AMG logo prior to MB purchasing them in 02.

Im a W210 fan since they are the last hand build AMG's... Love the style of the W211's though and would love to drive one.

Idk, but driving an auto G8 seems completely different than driving an auto E55 or SMG M5. The other thing is I don't wanna do ANYTHING motor related to the car other than a cat back exhaust.

True statement. These are 4 speed trannies and hands down the most smooth shift I have ever had in an auto.

You dont even need to do a cat-back. The exhaust is already 2.5". Just do the resonator delete with secondary high flow cats. All in all, you can have a reputable shop do the labor, and with parts, walk away with only a 300-400 dollar bill. That is crazy cheap compared to doing anything else on this car. Intake is a way different story. lol.

Edited by timmy43016

Hey man my best ftiend is the service manager at Germain Benz of Easton. I can have him help you with service history and getting a possible purchase gone over by someone who will be honest with you rather than just trying to makr a quick buck on you. I can also ask him about getting you about getting you a great deal on a low mileage amg. He just got a beatiful low mileage cl 55 amg fir 14,500.00 for another guy I refererred to him. Gimme a call and ill get you his info so you contact him. Just trying to help. I love nearly anything amg. 614-507-8183 and ask for Pete.

True statement. These are 4 speed trannies and hands down the most smooth shift I have ever had in an auto.

You dont even need to do a cat-back. The exhaust is already 2.5". Just do the resonator delete with secondary high flow cats. All in all, you can have a reputable shop do the labor, and with parts, walk away with only a 300-400 dollar bill. That is crazy cheap compared to doing anything else on this car. Intake is a way different story. lol.

Yeah i dont plan on doing much, just wheels and small things. Im not home enough and would like to just drive it when i am, not have to worry about a blown motor or bad tune.

Hey man my best ftiend is the service manager at Germain Benz of Easton. I can have him help you with service history and getting a possible purchase gone over by someone who will be honest with you rather than just trying to makr a quick buck on you. I can also ask him about getting you about getting you a great deal on a low mileage amg. He just got a beatiful low mileage cl 55 amg fir 14,500.00 for another guy I refererred to him. Gimme a call and ill get you his info so you contact him. Just trying to help. I love nearly anything amg. 614-507-8183 and ask for Pete.

Thanks man, i PM'd you

Holy Shit, you haven't been on here in ages.

Welcome back.