School me on prochargers

Richard Cranium

Okay, I think I've finally settled on the next purchase for my money pit LT1. I'm in the market for a less expensive than new Procharger. For those that don't know me, the car is an LT1 Camaro with a 383 stroker. Now that the drive line is set up to handle some power I want more. From the research I have done I would like to skip the 6 rib setups and jump straight to an 8 rib, but if I can get the 6 rib for a good price I'll probably take it. My questions are more about the clocking of the blower and the directional rotation. What do I need to be looking for in a head unit? If I can't find a complete used kit, I may try fabbing the bracket assembly myself, but the head unit is obviously the key component. What is it I still need to know about these?

All you need to know about Prochargers is ......... Turbo's are better!

I'm not going to disagree with you. Everyone is moving to turbos for a reason. But for my goals (fun street car that is also fun at the track) a blower is also appropriate. The key for me is price. Also, since I already have a full exhaust on my car the though of tearing it all apart and redoing everything for a turbo in contrast to bolting on a blower doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not going to disagree with you. Everyone is moving to turbos for a reason. But for my goals (fun street car that is also fun at the track) a blower is also appropriate. The key for me is price. Also, since I already have a full exhaust on my car the though of tearing it all apart and redoing everything for a turbo in contrast to bolting on a blower doesn't make sense to me.

Agreed.

I was dead set on a turbo swap on my car but ended up being perfectly content with the blower.