placement of recessed lighting in kitchen

Twistedrx7

Trying to determine the best placement of our can lights in the kitchen.

We have 8 foot ceilings with 30" upper cabinets. Usual 19-20 inches from counter top to bottom of cabinet.

I am looking to see what would be the best placement from the wall out. Right now i am thinking 24 inches which is an inch in from the tip of the light. Trying not to cast shadows and leave dark areas.

Using Cooper 5" Halo lights not sure on bulb yet. Lights are approx 2 feet on center away from one another.

See my house update thread for pictures of kitchen.

See my house update thread for pictures of kitchen.

Post a link, too lazy to search around. I would encourage you to use LED lighting. They come with a trim ring and are = to a 65 watt. By the time you buy bulbs and trim, you are at ~$15-$20 anyway, my LED was $25 at Depot. Plus they don't get really hot like a incandescent and no warm up like a compact.

Post a link, too lazy to search around. I would encourage you to use LED lighting. They come with a trim ring and are = to a 65 watt. By the time you buy bulbs and trim, you are at ~$15-$20 anyway, my LED was $25 at Depot. Plus they don't get really hot like a incandescent and no warm up like a compact.

i went ahead and just did it

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/twistedrx7/Mobile%20Uploads/0902021912.jpg

Now to get the wiring going. Hope to have lights ready and done by Wednesday