Any comments/concerns on a 2005 ford f250 6.0diesel 6spd

Rustlestiltskin

Just inspected cleaned it's just fine.

And u say 03/04s are shit, so does that mean you sell shit? 05+ have there issues too.

I only sell 03/04s if they at inspected before I buy them. Also 05+ aren't shit, any truck can have issues. 05+ are the ones to buy.

I think your jimmies are rustled.

Ps I give your turbo 12mo.

I only sell 03/04s if they at inspected before I buy them. Also 05+ aren't shit, any truck can have issues. 05+ are the ones to buy.

I think your jimmies are rustled.

Ps I give your turbo 12mo.

Not at all, I'm just trying to understand how you come out and just Say 03/04s are shit and then you also sell them? So now your saying they are not shit if inspected. Which is it?

And 05+ have the same issues as well, all 6.0s need the upgrades.

Basically what your saying is 03/04s are shit expect those sold on your lot. I'm just trying to understand your basis here.

Oh forgot to mention the turbo as well, so if your sure the turbo will go out in 12 mo do you offer a turbo warranty on the trucks you sell? Just cause they've been inspected and serviced dosent make a bit of difference... Right? Cause that's what I've done as well , but were back to the magical ones on on your lot that's been inspected will have no issues.

Again just trying to understand.

Oh forgot to mention the turbo as well, so if your sure the turbo will go out in 12 mo do you offer a turbo warranty on the trucks you sell? Just cause they've been inspected and serviced dosent make a bit of difference... Right? Cause that's what I've done as well , but were back to the magical ones on on your lot that's been inspected will have no issues.

Again just trying to understand.

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED!

I try to sell a warranty on every truck off my lot. It's their choice if they decline. Also I have them sign a waiver that it was offered.

And yes I inspect the 03-04s, I only keep them if they are good at that time. Things happen parts go bad, lucky for the people that buy them they are dirt cheap. (the trucks themselves).

And the 05+ trucks don't have all the same issues. When you realize them and can make a valid point I will listen. Also if you are a member on powerstroke forum you should understand that.

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED!

I try to sell a warranty on every truck off my lot. It's their choice if they decline. Also I have them sign a waiver that it was offered.

And yes I inspect the 03-04s, I only keep them if they are good at that time. Things happen parts go bad, lucky for the people that buy them they are dirt cheap. (the trucks themselves).

And the 05+ trucks don't have all the same issues. When you realize them and can make a valid point I will listen. Also if you are a member on powerstroke forum you should understand that.

You can think that if you want. But the fact is your not offering a warranty, your giving the buyer an opportunity to BUY an extended warranty. Which anyone can do on there own accord anywhere. Your not actually backing any warranty yourself, its a 3rd party. you try to sell a warranty to make more money plan and simple.

And who is inspecting your trucks? A 3rd party certified diesel mech on site at auction or you? You state you only keep them if they are good at that time...regarding 03/04's. So you admit they are not shit, or else you'd never consider even picking one up let alone sell one. This was my point earlier. their are many good 03/04 out there you should know that if your buying some. And yes they are cheaper than 05+, but they should be solely based on age alone. Some dealers still ask a higher price.....cough. And if your inspecting these trucks you purchase you may wanna inspect issues like cracked windshields, broken or missing interior parts busted or missing turn signals, rusted frames etc before putting on a lot.

Owners of 05+ are still replacing EGR Cooler's (adding Delete's) replacing oil coolers, Head gaskets, Studing their trucks, and having the volcano effect in the degas bottle. SAME ISSUES. May not be a prevalant but they are still there. Maint is key on these motor's, Long idle times on ALL 6.0's can cause EGR issues later, it's better to have it high idle around 1200 rpm.

I completely agree parts can go bad anything can happen, even with your INSPECTED trucks regardless of year. And i don't consider 20K cheap for any of these trucks considering the money you'll have to invest into them to prevent failure. Don't get up in arms cause someone got a good deal on a very nice truck that was not purchased from you.

I'll just agree to disagree. Goodluck and no hard feelings.

And just cause i'm sure you'll ask......I'll tell you

I own an 04 F350 XLT CrewCab Longbed 4x4 6.0L 127K miles now, Pwr windows/locks, cruise air tilt, PWR moonroof, pwr rear slider, running boards, Line X liner, no rust, clean carfax, full detailed service history, 2 owner vehicle. I paid 13,500. for ease of mind I just had Enterprise Engine Performance in Thornville clean turbo, install sinister EGR Delete, upgraded oil cooler, flush all fluids and replace with recommended fluids, performed any needed updates and installed Boost and Pyro Gauge's. All in all I have 16,700 invested.

FYI: to OP here's some info on all 6.0's. Goodluck with your purchase

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/60bulletin.htm

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44305

Fuuuuuuuuuark. I was supposed to buy that truck tomorrow and the guy txtd me yesterday saying he sold it!!! Guess back to lOoking at other vehicles besides diesels bc it'll be a long time til I find an awesome deal On the exact truck I want again :(

Don't give up, they're out there just have to pick through the shit and the overpriced ones. I paid 13,500 for mine, they are out there.