puma v2 1000

EricKerecz

so im ordering my boots soon

I wear like a 10 us and im stuck on what size to go for euro.

Its between 43 which is a 9 apparently and a 44 which is 10.5

A note on the site says they are a slightly smaller fit.

Can anyone help me out ?

Yeah they do have a smaller fit.. Owndjoo has them in a 12 and when I tried them on it was painful for me to wear them. To be honest, I dont think he can even wear them this year because they are so tight. Definitely get a size larger then your foot size. They are heavy as fack also, like the weight of a ski boot. Not a boot you will be walking around in for hours. To be honest, Im glad I tried on owndjoo's because it convinced me not to get them. If I were racing 100% with them, yes but considering we generally wear our boots for hours on end and stop and BS and ride then eat, etc. I would not want to be wearing those boots.

Edited by flounder

i looked up some reviews and i hear the feel of them was great.

Maybe its just personal preference.

I was looking at sidi as well, but 425 is kind of expensive for me.

Puma seems to offer a lot and i can get them for about 250 at a discounted price

I definitely want a pair of sidis some time in the near future though

i looked up some reviews and i hear the feel of them was great.

Maybe its just personal preference.

I was looking at sidi as well, but 425 is kind of expensive for me.

Puma seems to offer a lot and i can get them for about 250 at a discounted price

I definitely want a pair of sidis some time in the near future though

Have you considered TCX ?

250 is a good price for puma v 2.. cant dispute that.

im still a pretty big noob motorcycle wise

This is my first bike and im making sure i gear up properly.

I just saw tcx gear today and its pretty cheap, looks good, and im not sure how it is protection wise.. I'm considering getting my racing pants from that company unless i get the matching pants for my rs taichi jacket.

$250?! that's a pretty good price.

i would suggest going to a place that carries puma shoes, try one or two on, and use that size. i got my sizing done that way, and the boots fit great. every manufacturer for some freakish reason has different sizing even though they're all based on standard measurements.

im still a pretty big noob motorcycle wise

This is my first bike and im making sure i gear up properly.

I just saw tcx gear today and its pretty cheap, looks good, and im not sure how it is protection wise.. I'm considering getting my racing pants from that company unless i get the matching pants for my rs taichi jacket.

Just to make sure we are on the same page about TCX.. This is what I was referring to.

http://www.tcxboots.com/

and here are the boots I have and so do many World Superbike Racers. (They used to be called Oxtar)

I have the Competizione RS

5076-2209-40.jpg

STG has them for $379.00 http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4162

I buy almost all of my gear from Sree at www.motonekoparts.com He always matches prices and seems to be able to get just about anything. Quite a few people on this board have last years model which is the Oxtars and everyone that has them, loves them.