Proton turn signal problems on 02' R6

Ceadda

I've been trying to figure out the wiring on the R6 and having some problems. It's an 02' R6 and I've got Clear Advantages incorporate tail lights and Proton's in the front.

Bike Wiring:

Green - Right turn

Brown - Left turn

Blue - Running

Black - Ground

The rear tail light is a pretty simple install.. The Brake, Running, and Ground are in one wire with a factory plug. I only had to connect the 2 turn signals.

On the front, you have the option of Fade, Strobe, or Fast blink. I chose Strobe.

So this is how I wired the Protons:

Red to Blue (Running)

Black to Black (Ground)

Orange (Strobe wire) to Green (Right turn)

Orange (Strobe wire) to Brown (Left turn)

The problem I'm have now is that when it's all hooked up and I turn on a left or right turn signal, both Proton's blink. :mad: If I remove the running lights connection from both Protons it works normally. I just ordered an electronic flasher.. will this fix it or am I missing something?:confused:

did you have stock front blinkers in prior to the protons?

if it was stock -- this is a common problem with aftermarket signals and the running light wire causes the problem you are having. Only thing you can do is not connect the running light wire to anything and cap the end.

if it was not stock -- i have no clue.

have you tried reversing the brown wires? it kinda sounds like you might have the signal and running light backwards. I know this is "stating the obvious" but I'm not infront of the bike to trouble shoot.

These signals will support running lights. I loved them on my Honda.

have you tried reversing the brown wires? it kinda sounds like you might have the signal and running light backwards. I know this is "stating the obvious" but I'm not infront of the bike to trouble shoot.

These signals will support running lights. I loved them on my Honda.

if this doesn't fix it, a couple relays should get you fixed up