Android root help

JaSSon

Installed the latest ICS for my Pantech Burst, trying to root it.

Can someone translate these instructions to english?

http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=112

I've installed the Android SDK, I'll be damned if I can fine the ADB to proceed.

Dude, ADB is a command line program.

Start a command prompt where you installed it, and run it from there.

WTF? Once it's in fastboot mode, it basically disconnects. I don't think I have the correct drivers.

Dafuq are you trying to do?

If you want to boot into recovery, use rom manager.

Why are you going back into fastboot?

Fastboot drivers are different than normal mode drivers, so yes you need them if you have to load something that way....

If are unlocked/rooted/ with a customer recovery, all you need to do is download it and boot into CWM to wipe & install.

I'm on a stock Pantech supplied ICS rom. I need fast boot to install CWM (I assume it replaces the stock Android recovery which I CAN access but is not particularly useful) then I can use CWM to install a .zip that gives me SU rights. Then I can remove all the ATT bloat, and other fun stuffs.

I need it to "fastboot boot cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img" But ADB is stuck "waiting on device" because I don't have the right driver for some reason.

I'm on a stock Pantech supplied ICS rom. I need fast boot to install CWM (I assume it replaces the stock Android recovery which I CAN access but is not particularly useful) then I can use CWM to install a .zip that gives me SU rights. Then I can remove all the ATT bloat, and other fun stuffs.

I need it to "fastboot boot cwm-5.0.2.7-presto.img" But ADB is stuck "waiting on device" because I don't have the right driver for some reason.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/22606-root-pantech-burst-leaked-firmware/