520whp @ 20psi Stock block BRZ motor

thorne

Poblem really isint the fact that its a turd to 5000 but 520 whp andonly 400tq. They would be way better off shifting the powerband down to pick up tq. That's the issue with most imports. They can scream up top but no tq.

If they tried to make 400tq earlier on the rods would exit the block.....

Depending on how strong the factory rods/pistons/crank is, the open deck will be the limiting factor, just like Honda motors. A block guard will cure that.

Truth. Wonder what these blocks are finally going to pop at. Im assuming probably in the 600-700 range. If they hold more than that i really be SERIOUSLY impressed.

Also, when i was reading through the thread earlier about this car i thought they said they were at 9.5:1 compression.

Found it

The heads seem very efficient so far. We are going to keep the compression around 9.5-10:1

But is it 9.5:1 or 10.1:1, sound like by the way they said it theyve tried both?

Truth. Wonder what these blocks are finally going to pop at. Im assuming probably in the 600-700 range. If they hold more than that i really be SERIOUSLY impressed.

Also, when i was reading through the thread earlier about this car i thought they said they were at 9.5:1 compression.

Found it

But is it 9.5:1 or 10.1:1, sound like by the way they said it theyve tried both?

Im confused also, does this mean they're playing with head gasket thickness's?

I always remember the GM Ecotec motors having a reputation for an extremely stout stock block setup. Anybody know what they are good for?

I vaguely remember reading about a stockish 700hp Ecotec turbo car...

I think the LSJ was good for around 350-400 before you needed to get into internals. The LNF was maybe 400's before internals. But yea a pretty good engine... the big problem was front-wheel drive.