WTB: Ithaca Deerslayer barrel

craig71188

Yes - the "Deerslayer" is Ithaca's slug barrel for that gun

I have a Ithaca as well. Never knew the deer slayer was the tag for the barrel. I may have a extra slug barrel at my step dads. w I'll look this weekend when I go visit.

Also have you ever had issues with cycleing a round? Mine will tend to "jam" about every 10 or so rounds.

I have a Ithaca as well. Never knew the deer slayer was the tag for the barrel. I may have a extra slug barrel at my step dads. w I'll look this weekend when I go visit.

Also have you ever had issues with cycleing a round? Mine will tend to "jam" about every 10 or so rounds.

Thanks. Check the serial number on it if you have one. There is some issue with pre-1963 and earlier not working with the later guns.

Also, no, I've never had a problem with this gun - and I bought it when I was 18 and used it hard initially - never failed to cycle, dead nuts reliable.

If you cannot locate a rifled barrel, my Dad has had decent luck with the rifled slugs in his Ithica Smooth Bore.....

KillJoy

Yea,

I'm not too picky - the older Deerslayers are smooth bore - I think it's the Deerslayer II that is rifled. At this point I'd be happy with either one.