E85

302Powered

I'm fixing to get my car tune for e85... If my fuel system will allow it..e85 is the best bang for the buck you can do for your car.. You'll burn through it 1.4x faster then reg 93 octane but it's about .40 cents cheaper then 87 so it kinda clears it self.. Cleaner oil/ engine.. If you hate on e85 then your a liberal hippie

Who gives a fuck e85 rocks and I love the shit. 23 a gal for c16 vs 3bucks a gal for e85 seems a hell of a Lot cheaper to me. Also u dumb fucks e85 wasent made to save gas it was made to be a green fuel less carbon byproduct. That's why It has government backing. I've never seen my motor so clean inside and the oil neve gets dirty. Best thing the government has ever done in my opinion.

If your not on e85 your slow!

well said, I myself am excited to see e15 being rolled out. Greenshift has a patent for equipment that is now being used to extract corn oil for ethanol production.

The issue with E85 is the fact that the government demans it be made out of corn if the manufacturer/farmer wants a credit. There are MUCH better sources for Ethanol that are far more efficient to cultivate and convert. Because of our climate, sugar cane is out. But switch-grass grows rampant in the midwest ad would require a fraction of the maintennance that corn requires, while providing multiple TIMES the amount of ethanol.

http://oascentral.scientificamerican.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/sciam.com/energy-and-sustainability/L35/1601155151/Top/sciam.com/b_2012-02_npg_NME/NME-728x90.gif/4e3871346231422b454d30414152517a?x

Now I don't think ethanol can replace gas. But as a suppliment I think it's a good fuel that's hobbled by politics.

Places like brazil that can use cane do it cause climate and there aren't as many cars. Hard to meet the us demand I think using from all avail sources would be better to keep one from getting hurt like corn.

But that's the gov u can't make up their minds.

E85 is also right across that Speedway on Stelzer at the Giant Eagle gas station. They have had it since I moved to Columbus 3 years ago. It's too bad E85 didn't come earlier because the Dole company sold off ass loads of sugar cane property in Hawaii due to foreign competition in the sugar cane sector.

Columbus is lucky. There are stations everywhere that sell it there. It's much harder to find it here in the DFW metroplex. 99% of the stations that carry it are Kroger fuel stations and not all Kroger stores carry it. Closest to me is 10mi from my house, and the next closest is about 20mi.

I think last time I looked on an e85 map there were twice as many stations that carry it in columbus in comparison to DFW.

I have a couple 5gal jugs I keep full at my house.

E85 FTW, I've been running it for Years and atm it costs me less to run it than it does to run 93 octane, and its the safest way for a properly built street car to make lots of power.

when stock turbo sti's make 427AWTQ on a stage 2 + fuelmods that shit's CRAY.

Cannot wait til e85 is discontinued to see the massive falllout among the car community, and the throngs of cars be put up for sale.

Or they just get retuned... It's not like running e85 means you can't run 93. Every single Subaru and Mitsu I tune on E85 I give them a fully tuned 93 map.

I wish it was that easy for carburetors so I can convert mine and still run the power tour without risk of lack of supply in the southern states

There's your problem!

I did look to see if they had E85 in South Carolina and from what I saw they had a good amount of places that sell it there, not sure about the other states though.