Find me a laptop deal

SilverAudiMike

Looking for something that will mainly be used for photo editing/storage, Microsoft office applications, internet surfing and movie/tv streaming (HDMI output would be nice). Working on a budget less than $400 with tax.

Maybe something like http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+14%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Matte+Deep+Blue+Square/5732421.p?id=1218688220686&skuId=5732421

Edited by SilverAudiMike

This deal keeps popping up on Woot:

http://tech.woot.com/offers/toshiba-17-3-quad-core-laptop-w-blu-ray

We got it for Kristin a few months back for a few bucks more. If you're going to do real photoshop editing you really need ram and resolution. Most 15.4 screens are terrible at 720 max vertical.

This deal keeps popping up on Woot:

http://tech.woot.com/offers/toshiba-17-3-quad-core-laptop-w-blu-ray

We got it for Kristin a few months back for a few bucks more. If you're going to do real photoshop editing you really need ram and resolution. Most 15.4 screens are terrible at 720 max vertical.

Sold out

Did you get yours yet? If you didn't be prepare for your shit to be cancelled. THey are sending out cancellation emails start next week. I ordered one of those, I had to call in to find out it was cancelled. So I ended up pick up the Acer slim laptop from staples.

hope yours works better than my V570, bought it last year and its dead already. Sending it in this weekend. I think they use the same mobo that dies a lot

Did you get yours yet? If you didn't be prepare for your shit to be cancelled. THey are sending out cancellation emails start next week. I ordered one of those, I had to call in to find out it was cancelled. So I ended up pick up the Acer slim laptop from staples.

Already here and in use.

hope yours works better than my V570, bought it last year and its dead already. Sending it in this weekend. I think they use the same mobo that dies a lot

For what my daughter uses it for, even if it only lasts a year that's fine but so far so good.

Same specs as a netbook I bought 2 years ago for the same price. Seriously, if you're going to edit your DSLRs photos on it you have to get some decent resolution and ram.