Wheel bearing brands

351mach11647545510

What brand do you go with for wheel bearings? I refuse to put the cheap ones on because I don't want to do this every year. Figured on timken but when I called other parts stores to compare pricing, they all carry different brands. Had option of timken, moog, precision and sks.

Timken, SKF, FAG, are all good as are MOOG and Precision (but I have heard Precision has slipped a bit in quality). Beware of "house brands" - measure the bearing and hub diameters carefully. The popular way to cheap out on these is to use a smaller bearing and make the hub and/or housing castings thicker.

And as to AC Delco - look closely, they manufacture nothing, it's almost all aftermarket suppliers

Edited by craig71188

Precision and Moog are the same bearing, all owned by federal-mogul. Federal-mogul bought out the National line and rebranded it with their bearing and a better warranty.

I'd feel confident with the Moog or the Timken, it all comes down to personal preference. NASCAR uses moog chassis components - some are no different than what you can buy at the auto parts store.