Anyone ever rent from Ardent property management or Triangle?

Brrcats

Just document the apartment top to bottom. If you get collection calls, just tell them immediately to take you to court.

As for breaking the lease, you owe rent till the apartment is re-rented. For 7 months, plan on paying at least 2.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/get-security-deposit-back-29695.html

that's really all you need to know. lots of good advice and pertinent links where necessary.

From my personal experience, my 2 roommates and I moved out a couple years ago (not Ardent) and they apparently left a small pile of garbage in an apartment with cat-torn carpets (near doors), stains, and other minor damage. they charged us $215.

You have the right to demand an itemized list of charges. When I moved out of my apt in Boston, they charged us $3000 and itemized an number of man-hours to clean the place. I had given them permission to enter the apartment to clean while we still had time left on our lease since we'd all moved out. As it turned out, they said a 3 person crew had done 120 hours of work over the course of a week to repair everything. What they didn't know is I returned 3 days after we gave them permission to go in to take pictures and the place had already been completely done. We ended up getting back $2800 without going to court.

As a side note, I had negotiated with the landlord to leave a sleeper sofa and large kitchen table to the next tenants and they also tried to list "furniture left behind" as a reason to charge us. that came back as part of the $2800.

I just moved into Fieldstone Trace. I haven't had any problems but I have heard some horror stories. Although there are some pretty trashy people here, so I'm not surprised.

Just to note, I have not had any issues while I've lived there, the staff has always been nice and I've always had any issues fixed in a timely manner. I've just also heard the horror stories of the move out.

Just document the apartment top to bottom. If you get collection calls, just tell them immediately to take you to court.

As for breaking the lease, you owe rent till the apartment is re-rented. For 7 months, plan on paying at least 2.

I had read that, I'll have to have my next door neighbor let me know when they rent it once I"m gone, so theres no funny business on that end.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/get-security-deposit-back-29695.html

that's really all you need to know. lots of good advice and pertinent links where necessary.

From my personal experience, my 2 roommates and I moved out a couple years ago (not Ardent) and they apparently left a small pile of garbage in an apartment with cat-torn carpets (near doors), stains, and other minor damage. they charged us $215.

You have the right to demand an itemized list of charges. When I moved out of my apt in Boston, they charged us $3000 and itemized an number of man-hours to clean the place. I had given them permission to enter the apartment to clean while we still had time left on our lease since we'd all moved out. As it turned out, they said a 3 person crew had done 120 hours of work over the course of a week to repair everything. What they didn't know is I returned 3 days after we gave them permission to go in to take pictures and the place had already been completely done. We ended up getting back $2800 without going to court.

As a side note, I had negotiated with the landlord to leave a sleeper sofa and large kitchen table to the next tenants and they also tried to list "furniture left behind" as a reason to charge us. that came back as part of the $2800.

thanks for the link, the documentation process will be extensive to say the least.

So if they come back with charges, dont I have to take them to court? Not the other way around? Wouldnt they just send it to collections?

I'm trying to avoid that because doesnt that typically affect your credit?