$350.00 Rem 700 @ Dicks Sporting

sol740

Wife handed me an ad last night looking through Black Friday deals that caught my attention. $450 Remington 700 Varmint with heavy barrel and an additional $100 rebate. Comes with cheap scope. Went and waited last night. Couldn't take it home last night because BCI was down. There were still some available this morning.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/picsay-1353708452.jpg

Edited by sol740

I got that same thing last year in .308 for $450 out the door. Sold it at Johnstown Swappers Day for $550. Thing kicked like a mule, I wasn't sad to see it go.

I didn't see you mention what caliber you got but I have a little bit of .308 laying around that I can't use if you might be interested. Trade for some .223/5.55, .380, .45ACP, .17HMR, 20 gauge or even some .22 magnum. I just don't need it. I have maybe 2 boxes, and some empty shells.

I was at the Dick's at Heath with JaSSon at midnight when they opened. By the time we left the self defense ammo was cleared out, .223 looked to be cleared out. Not a ton of handgun ammo left. They didn't have ANY basic 10/22s in the store even though they were in the ad. Most of the clothing that I saw in the store wasn't even on sale. Safe's were heavily discounted.

I picked up a .308. There were 22-250s, 223s, and 308s at the polaris store. Line was ridiculous, but most folks were buying up the ammo, or Maverick shotguns it seemed. There were two 10/22s and I watched them get bought up.

Was at dicks today. 50rd box of 9mm was $39.99....last time I got 9mil it was $12/box (pre 2012 election ) has prices increased that much or is dicks just crazy on ammo?

Blazer brass and sometimes others @ $10.99 / 50 at Vances/Buckeye.

I went to Dicks this morning and even with Buy One Get One 50% off, nothing was worth it.