T56 rebuild

phil

We got it half way apart found some broken blockers and decided that ill just take it somewhere when I have the $. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. We just bought a house and the holidays are coming up so it maybe down for a while. Time to decide if I want to dsm done or the gto running. I've called a few places an its all looking like a 12-1500 dollar ordeal :fuuuu:

please tell me you didn't just start ripping shit apart? best way and most common way to tear one down is to stand the transmission up so the input shaft is facing down(you'll need a work bench with a hole in it for the input shaft to slide through) then start the tear down, that way nothing is on a bind while taking it apart and putting it back together.

take pictures and post them up, let me see what you Phil'd up

What are you limits as far as distance to go to get it rebuilt? I know of a guy in Dayton who does some of the best trans rebuilds I've seen. ASE master cert and plenty of references. I can check with him as far as pricing goes and see if he would be willing to do it.

What are you limits as far as distance to go to get it rebuilt? I know of a guy in Dayton who does some of the best trans rebuilds I've seen. ASE master cert and plenty of references. I can check with him as far as pricing goes and see if he would be willing to do it.

Dayton isn't bad if the price is right

that transmission WILL NOT work in his GTO, different internal gear ratios and different splines on the input shaft

Would it be possible to change the input shaft and the bellhousing? I don't know alot about the t56, but I have heard that it is possible to interchange between ltx and lsx.

Would it be possible to change the input shaft and the bellhousing? I don't know alot about the t56, but I have heard that it is possible to interchange between ltx and lsx.

yes, but again you'll need ALL of the correct gear ratios that the GTO requires vs an older LT1 F-Body car(which would basically be almost everything inside). it wouldn't be worth the time or money.