Proof...

Casper

That was always my thought on the whole iceland and greenland theory...

I was told that greenland was called greenland and iceland was called iceland

to make people want to move to greenland and not iceland which is green and nice... I was told this by my geography teacher in highschool and I thought it was correct until I used my brain and thought " maybe they were named that because they were actually that way when they were discovered by the vikings thousands of years ago" This was before columbus found the

"NEW WORLD" and when New england winters were much worse than they are now but there werent any SUV's or the internal combustion engine to fuck it all up... I believe that we are actually warming the planet because the air is cleaner and is reflecting less light therefore more sunlight is reaching the ground and thus getting warmer temps at the ground level... seems more reasonable to me considering every volcanic eruption in history has caused

longer winters and this has been documented over and over again that one volcanic eruption equals all of the car exhaust ever produced by man!!!!

Global warming is a scare tactic to strangle the economy and increase the size of the government.. not to mention put people like Al Gore into a bigger house...

That was always my thought on the whole iceland and greenland theory...

I was told that greenland was called greenland and iceland was called iceland

to make people want to move to greenland and not iceland which is green and nice... I was told this by my geography teacher in highschool and I thought it was correct until I used my brain and thought " maybe they were named that because they were actually that way when they were discovered by the vikings thousands of years ago" This was before columbus found the

"NEW WORLD" and when New england winters were much worse than they are now but there werent any SUV's or the internal combustion engine to fuck it all up... I believe that we are actually warming the planet because the air is cleaner and is reflecting less light therefore more sunlight is reaching the ground and thus getting warmer temps at the ground level... seems more reasonable to me considering every volcanic eruption in history has caused

longer winters and this has been documented over and over again that one volcanic eruption equals all of the car exhaust ever produced by man!!!!

Global warming is a scare tactic to strangle the economy and increase the size of the government.. not to mention put people like Al Gore into a bigger house...

well i might agree with you that its a scare tactic but your reasoning is all wrong. the reason its sort of a scare tactic is because what is up for debate is whether WE are the cause of global warming, not whether or not it is happening. the idea is that we are putting more greenhouse gases into the ozone layer and therefore intensifying the "greenhouse effect" that our atmosphere provides for us. my understanding is that it is debatable whether or not those gases are coming from manmade sources such as factories and cars or whether its just a natural cycle. blah blah blah...lots of scientific stuff. at least thats how i understand it. someone please correct me if they know more.

well i might agree with you that its a scare tactic but your reasoning is all wrong. the reason its sort of a scare tactic is because what is up for debate is whether WE are the cause of global warming, not whether or not it is happening. the idea is that we are putting more greenhouse gases into the ozone layer and therefore intensifying the "greenhouse effect" that our atmosphere provides for us. my understanding is that it is debatable whether or not those gases are coming from manmade sources such as factories and cars or whether its just a natural cycle. blah blah blah...lots of scientific stuff. at least thats how i understand it. someone please correct me if they know more.

It's only used as a scare tactic by morons like Rush Limbaugh. He twists what is actually being found by reasonable peer reviewed research and spins it (like he does most things) into something it's not. Al Gore does tend to exaggerate a bit on somethings, but I've never seen anything where he actually says global warming/climate change is completely man made.

Is man having an affect on climate and the environment? Yup. How much are we affecting it? No one knows for sure yet. Only time will tell.