JB Weld vs Gasoline

Forrest Gump 9

Hi guys

Just wondering if JB weld is good to use around gasoline? As, will gasoline disolve JB weld?

One of my vehicle have this problem where the fuel pump housing would have hairline cracks. And gasoline would seep thru the crack and make the car smells. I already replace the fuel pump assembly twice and still have the same problem. It seem like the plastic in the fuel pump assembly is at fault. The dealer have no solution for this problem. So, I'm thinking about fill up the gaps/cracks with JB Weld and see what happen. Is it a good idea?

I was going to have the fuel pump assembly made out of billet aluminum, but that would be the las resort.

if you've replaced the assembly twice and still have the same problem I have a hard time believing it's the assembly at fault. You sure the gasket on the sending unit/assembly is seated right? Did the dealer mention any TSB's??? Is the sending unit OEM?

And to answer your question from my experience JB weld doesn't adhere well to certain plastics.

Im sort of an expert in molds/plastisols, if you could bring (ONE) of the assemblys to me I could probably find a cheaper fix then a custom all-aluminum housing cap. Not sure what your budget is tho, but I promise it would be cheaper then a custom aluminum job. Of course if the job wasn't satisfactory you wouldn't owe me a "thang"....(I.E. i'd refund your money in a heartbeat). Shit i'd even front you the job... Edited by acklac7
Integrity