Had some filet mignon on the grill tonite outside

Rustlestiltskin

Bro-tip: Wrapping your cooked steaks in foil is not helping you keep the 'Juices' in your steak after cooking. For proper distribution of juices in the steak, it should rest 2-3 minutes before serving.

As seen in your first picture, seasoning a steak prior to cooking (specifically with salt) will draw the moisture out of the meat (through osmosis). The best way to season meat while preventing this is to season JUST before it is put on the grill.

Personally, I prefer a marbled ribeye to a filet. The lack of fat in a filet equals, to me, a lack of flavor. Your dinner was probably pretty good, but you need some improvements to make it great.

Bro-tip: Wrapping your cooked steaks in foil is not helping you keep the 'Juices' in your steak after cooking. For proper distribution of juices in the steak, it should rest 2-3 minutes before serving.

As seen in your first picture, seasoning a steak prior to cooking (specifically with salt) will draw the moisture out of the meat (through osmosis). The best way to season meat while preventing this is to season JUST before it is put on the grill.

Personally, I prefer a marbled ribeye to a filet. The lack of fat in a filet equals, to me, a lack of flavor. Your dinner was probably pretty good, but you need some improvements to make it great.

Thanks for the bro tips. I did toss them on the grill immediately after seasoning them so at least I got that right. and I only wrapped them up in tin foil bc i read online that is helped keep the juices in a lil longer before putting it on a plate and having them all run out ya know. But thanks again. :thumbup:

No problem. Cooking meat pulls the juices to the center, that's why they firm as they cook. Allowing them to rest properly allows the juices to flow back into the grain of the meat. Wrapping them in foil steams or 'sweats' the meat, making the OUTSIDE juicy.

A little butter on top while it's cooking makes a HUGE difference for a lean steak too. Fat holds flavor. That's why they wrap filet (lean) in bacon.