Ordered one of these yesterday...

BigOxley

I just ordered a S&W AR15 through Middletown police and they said no joke it will be 6 months before you see it. But for $550 I will wait.

Nice pick up though!

It'll be 6 months because....... they are getting people in on the purchase, that they are going to submit on March 1st, still a good price, but, depending on how they are marked, if a ban goes into effect, you may or may not be able to own it, and, your buddy who is LEO, may not be able to legally sell it to you.

Just like the last ridiculous ban, they marked guns and mags with dates and LEO/Military only stamps, just an FYI.

• 3 weeks later...
Winters, if you are going to use the sig 516 while on duty, you might want to consider another SBR. I would suggest a LMT, LWRC, SCAR16s or even a DI SBR like a Daniel Defense MK18. I just looked into ordering a Gen 2 Sig 516 in FDE, but I will pass on it unless I can find it for dirt cheap. The Sig 516 is very problematic, the gun doesn'y cycle properly half the time and you will run into problems like failure to eject, failure to feed, etc. I would not trust the sig 516 to be a duty worthy or SHTF gun.

Winters, if you are going to use the sig 516 while on duty, you might want to consider another SBR. I would suggest a LMT, LWRC, SCAR16s or even a DI SBR like a Daniel Defense MK18. I just looked into ordering a Gen 2 Sig 516 in FDE, but I will pass on it unless I can find it for dirt cheap. The Sig 516 is very problematic, the gun doesn'y cycle properly half the time and you will run into problems like failure to eject, failure to feed, etc. I would not trust the sig 516 to be a duty worthy or SHTF gun.

Agree. Range toy only.

What are your plans for it?

Why not just get a pistol version?

Have you had personal experience with this?

I have several coworkers with them and NONE have had any of those issues....

Yeah, two guys at work have them. Another one just ordered. Everyone that has one seems to love them.

I guess we will see.

nope, complaints across the board on ARFCOM, sigtalk, and M4carbine.net

It isn't like it's just 1 or 2, there is like a ton. If I get one, it be for the range or plinking and I'd be okay with the complaints. But to trust your life with one, I wouldn't.

It isn't like it's just 1 or 2, there is like a ton. If I get one, it be for the range or plinking and I'd be okay with the complaints. But to trust your life with one, I wouldn't.

Bingo.

From what I've seen is its the same few guys on most of the AR forums complaining and hating on Sig's doesn't matter which model. There are also more than one version but whatever.....it doesn't matter, just passing on my personal experience and everyone I personally know that owns one hasn't had a single issue.

I've had great results and have got two more on order because of it.... ;)