Anyone use an SCT iTSX

Toph6888

Has anyone used this iTSX sct tuner that can be used with the iPhone or iPad and or droid?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/itsx-preloader-tuner.html

Not really any more expensive then other tuners for mustangs, and seems like you could do a lot more with it. Been interested in getting this for my car once I'm ready to get the car tuned in a couple months.

Be careful with the Droid version - lots of cases of bricked PCMs while trying to upload a tune to the vehicle. Not sure about the Apple version, but I'd be cautious. It loses Bluetooth signal mid-flash and any interruption will kill the PCM. I sell a lot of SCT stuff from our website and advise people to only get the tuning devices that use a good ole' wire between the device and vehicle.

Be careful with the Droid version - lots of cases of bricked PCMs while trying to upload a tune to the vehicle. Not sure about the Apple version, but I'd be cautious. It loses Bluetooth signal mid-flash and any interruption will kill the PCM. I sell a lot of SCT stuff from our website and advise people to only get the tuning devices that use a good ole' wire between the device and vehicle.

Hmm that does seem to make sense. I think I will probably go with the livewire then, your reasoning seems pretty sound haha.

You could always see if they make a Micro USB to OBD-II cable and that might work better, since no need to worry about the BlueTooth signal. Or OBD-II to USB, then a USB to Micro USB adapter. Id check with SCT though and make sure you can use a cable with that program and it doesnt have to be BlueTooth only.