Jerico transmissions

BIGGU

Hopefully some one here can help me here does anyone know a supplier for Jerico transmissions? I'm looking for a road race 4 speed I'd take a new or used one doesent matter to me.

Any dealers around town or if any one sees one let me know.

Wow this sounds like a want to buy add.

Does anyone have any experience with dog box transmissions? I know it will need a bell housing which QuickTime has but it works with Muncie and Jerico

Does the Lenco/ liberty and GeForce have the same bolt pattern?

They hold power, they're clutchless on the upshit (downshift if your good). There isn't much that's a disadvantage other than price.

All of the above are clutchless or just some? And are they clutchless after there built for that or are they aftermarket and come like that? I dont know much about oldschool trans's.

All of the above are clutchless or just some? And are they clutchless after there built for that or are they aftermarket and come like that? I dont know much about oldschool trans's.

Lenco/Liberty/Gforce/Jerico are all aftermarkets, and most of them come as clutchless with dog rings(except Lenco) in them.

Nothing really old school about Liberty or G-Force, Liberty makes what most of the NHRA prostock guys use, and the G-Force GSR is what all the big boys in NASCAR are currently running.

This ^

Brand new $2900 used is less and pretty stout transmissions. I can rebuild my r154 with buillet components for 1600 ish and have the same issue because I'm over its supported power lever as far as the gears go.

I could also go 6 speed v160 but that requires new clutch, drive shaft, cutting of the trans tunnel, new axles, complete new diff and a new LSD. Transmission alone is 3500-4k.

Or I can go Jerico I just need a bell housing, drive shaft,new clutch disks and slight tunnel adjustment.

Lenco/Liberty/Gforce/Jerico are all aftermarkets, and most of them come as clutchless with dog rings(except Lenco) in them.

Nothing really old school about Liberty or G-Force, Liberty makes what most of the NHRA prostock guys use, and the G-Force GSR is what all the big boys in NASCAR are currently running.

The G-Force sounds like an expensive trans, same with the Liberty.

Is it the lenco or the jerico that has different levers for each gear.

The Jerico sounds like a good plan for your car though. What are the ratios like in a jerico compared to your R154?

The G-Force sounds like an expensive trans, same with the Liberty.

Is it the lenco or the jerico that has different levers for each gear.

Lenco and Jeffco (shitty knockoff of Lenco) have the different levers. They are a planetary transmission, just like a powerglide.

Lenco and Jeffco (shitty knockoff of Lenco) have the different levers. They are a planetary transmission, just like a powerglide.

So are they built like automatic transmissions but have different levers? Or is a powerglide built differently than a normal automatic.

The reason I'm stuck in Jerico is because QuickTime sells a bell housing that is direct bolt on for me. I dunno if g-force can use the same bolt pattern as the Jerico nor do I think I can afford it.

Jerico has a few different gearings that would suit my needs.

So are they built like automatic transmissions but have different levers? Or is a powerglide built differently than a normal automatic.

Powerglide is GMs original 2 speed automatic.

For example. Lencos 4 speed, has 3 gear selection levers, one going to each case. Each case has 2 speeds contained within, so by the time you've pulled the 3rd lever you're in 4th gear.

Here's a Lenco 4-speed in action

Skip to :35 for action

The reason I'm stuck in Jerico is because QuickTime sells a bell housing that is direct bolt on for me. I dunno if g-force can use the same bolt pattern as the Jerico nor do I think I can afford it.

Jerico has a few different gearings that would suit my needs.

I'll ask around and see if they're the same bell housing pattern. If taking your time to service it, isn't a big deal then I would look at them. They're just a pain when coming apart.

I've tried both most of them are sadly the drag race version so the gearing sucks.

Jesse, I looked as doing marlin crawler stuff by my weak link is the gear set itself. Most people are stripping the gears right off at my power levels.

Powerglide is GMs original 2 speed automatic.

For example. Lencos 4 speed, has 3 gear selection levers, one going to each case. Each case has 2 speeds contained within, so by the time you've pulled the 3rd lever you're in 4th gear.

Here's a Lenco 4-speed in action

Yeah ive seen them before and they look like crazy fun! So, is the little lever on the right basically 1st, then 2nd 3rd 4th with the tall ones?

I've tried both most of them are sadly the drag race version so the gearing sucks.

Jesse, I looked as doing marlin crawler stuff by my weak link is the gear set itself. Most people are stripping the gears right off at my power levels.

that really interesting. Even if the gears are cryo'ed they are still stripping? I'm curious how much power are you putting down?

The only thing that I can see with a Jerico is since I think you use the car more for drifting, it would take sometime getting use to which rod to pull.

that really interesting. Even if the gears are cryo'ed they are still stripping? I'm curious how much power are you putting down?

The only thing that I can see with a Jerico is since I think you use the car more for drifting, it would take sometime getting use to which rod to pull.

A Jerico will have a standard H-pattern. Every trans he's listed uses an H-pattern or vertical H-pattern, except for the Lenco which has the individual gear levers.

Whats the diff between a regular H-Pattern and a Vertical H-Pattern?

H-Pattern is what any normal manual trans runs. Vertical H, is just as it sounds. You turn the pattern vertical, with 1st being at the very top. It then has a downward ramp into 2nd when you pull the shifter back, then a downward ramp into 3rd when you push it forward and so on.

Here you might be able to see what I mean.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/BlowByRacing/P1010006_0001.jpg

Nick any info on c&r cr1 sequentials? I found one local with close to the same gearing for me.

Still stuck on what I wanna do here. I can buy oem rebuild kit and marlin crawler components for my r154 for. 500 and then I just need to get some one to rebuild it and then who knows about the gears. I talked with a few guys running the marlin crawler stuff on their r154 and they have 900 ish hp and they said its holding fine.

Or Jerico which I would need bell housing, drive shaft and new clutch disks but it would be better geared for me and easier to use. Downside is I would loose my speedo with this setup.