Investing/trading forums

Tractor

Anyone thats into trading know of any really active forums? There used to be a couple really good ones, but they failed when the market crashed. I've searched since then and haven't found any that are actually active (more than a couple posts per day) and have knowledgeable members.

I'd be willing to start one if I thought it would actually grow, but I know how hard it is to grow a forum with real posters.

Thanks for the links, I'll look through them.

Also thought of maybe starting a facebook group to trade tips/discussions with friends.

I've positioned myself as a semi pro trader and have a small group of people interested

in learning/trading with me. Any ideas on how to share info? Preferably it will be private

so only members know about it.

Ultimately I may end up establishing a trading company and getting the certs to do the trading for the group, just like hedge funds, etc.

Kind of an old fashion idea but we could start a CR investment club like people did back in the day. Everybody contribute $100 per month or something and decide on investments as a group. I always found that a cool way to gain knowledge and earn a little cash too.

Kind of an old fashion idea but we could start a CR investment club like people did back in the day. Everybody contribute $100 per month or something and decide on investments as a group. I always found that a cool way to gain knowledge and earn a little cash too.

Sounds like a nice idea. Personally I do day trading so things might happen way to fast. I go for 1-3% profit. I'm not in a position to do it with 100% attention due to a full time job, but I do give it probably 50% attention. I've stopped holding positions more than 1-2 days completely unless I see something that is just impossible to pass up.

Maybe some of you already knew this, but I found an interesting internet "industry" in my quest to find a really nice trading forum.

The industry is "starting your own web forum." Its complete with a bunch of how to guides written by people who are probably just guessing and even has a sector of companies that for a fee will send writers to your forum to generate traffic. I found one that for about $600 will get you 2,000 posts with so many of that being replys to new threads.

The idea they sell you is to buy their post generating services and then use the traffic they generate to up your position on search engines and in turn get AD money flowing to your site.

No wonder I've so far failed to find what I'm looking for and noticed that every forum seems to have the same "very few" topics, replys, and same information repeated. What none of them seem to lack is banner AD's. Which in itself is kinda silly since there is no traffic besides people like me passing through.