Fullsize 95 Ford bronco

boosted98gst

A few weeks back I picked up a Fullsize bronco , anyone here have any experience with them? I bought it being compulsive and it reminding me of my childhood. It was 1 owner and too cheap to pass up, either way I want to tow a desert toy with it but do light 4x4 in it, What are common trail mods for the truck? I tried reading a few forums but most the stuff was way over the top for what I want. Max money id like to spend is 3500- 4000 . It already has the tow package with trans cooler /hitch ect other then that its a stock 351.

4-6 inch suspension lift on 33-35's, beadlock wheels, aftermarket front bumper with winch.

Are beadlocks practical for a daily driver type truck? I have been looking at different bumpers, how is the weight on both a plate style bumper and winch? Would stock suspension be pratical for the different weight up front? Either way here are a few pic's of the truck, its the cleanest bronco ive ever seen. Has some type of aftermarket alum rim but other then that its stock down to a ford tape deck that still works. 81 k org miles and I have every recipt from june of 1996 from the same dealership.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/2013-01-16_12-57-38_341.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/2013-01-16_12-57-14_34.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/2012-12-31_15-30-30_80.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/boosted98gst1998/2013-01-16_12-59-09_399.jpg

Damn i'm mirin. Mine was a fullsize 1987 with the 351windsor in it also. I had a 6inch skyjacker suspension on it with 35's. Had about the same style wheels on it thats on yours. I had the back top off alot. I know there are company's out there that make soft tops for the back.

Correct, those are the factory wheels.

The Bronco is probably my favorite vehicle I own simply because of its versatility. If you're wanting to go with bigger tires, you can put up to a 33" on without a lift of any kind. There is a forum called Full Size Bronco that I suggest you try. There is a wealth of info on there.

Clean rig! It's rare to find one that nice anymore.

Correct, those are the factory wheels.

The Bronco is probably my favorite vehicle I own simply because of its versatility. If you're wanting to go with bigger tires, you can put up to a 33" on without a lift of any kind. There is a forum called Full Size Bronco that I suggest you try. There is a wealth of info on there.

Clean rig! It's rare to find one that nice anymore.

I just scanned Full Size bronco , place looks like it has a ton of info. .......I do not know much about domestic type cars/trucks. I did a search online and it shows 2 different trannys for the truck, how well are they built? What about the rears, do they have any type of LSD or is it open front and back? How well do they take bolt ons?

I just scanned Full Size bronco , place looks like it has a ton of info. .......I do not know much about domestic type cars/trucks. I did a search online and it shows 2 different trannys for the truck, how well are they built? What about the rears, do they have any type of LSD or is it open front and back? How well do they take bolt ons?

The automatic transmission in the Bronco is actually built well. I've noticed that they don't like wet or corroded connections. That seems to be the quickest culprit with shifting issues. To be honest, when I got mine I had to replace the front seal from a result of a throttle position sensor failure. When I removed the transmission and transfer case, I took notice of just how BEEFY everything is built on these rigs. Especially when compared to my past Jeeps, there is nothing light duty on a Bronco. The rear diff is certainly no Dana 35 ;) As for the LSD, I am honestly unsure because I have never checked. Maybe someone else can chime in here and help me out. IIRC, it's an open 8.8 but don't hold me to that at all. As for bolt-ons, are you referring to the engine? If so, the response per dollar will not be significant enough to justify, IMO. However, I just can't deny that a Flowmaster sounds great on these. I love mine.

The automatic transmission in the Bronco is actually built well. I've noticed that they don't like wet or corroded connections. That seems to be the quickest culprit with shifting issues. To be honest, when I got mine I had to replace the front seal from a result of a throttle position sensor failure. When I removed the transmission and transfer case, I took notice of just how BEEFY everything is built on these rigs. Especially when compared to my past Jeeps, there is nothing light duty on a Bronco. The rear diff is certainly no Dana 35 ;) As for the LSD, I am honestly unsure because I have never checked. Maybe someone else can chime in here and help me out. IIRC, it's an open 8.8 but don't hold me to that at all. As for bolt-ons, are you referring to the engine? If so, the response per dollar will not be significant enough to justify, IMO. However, I just can't deny that a Flowmaster sounds great on these. I love mine.

I do not want to get into anything crazy like locked diffs ect, everything maint wise was all done in jan of 2012, the guy put in around 1400 worth of upkeep. I just want something with a mild lift and a bigger tire to lug my crap around the desert without getting stuck. I just want something that can tow another truck and still play. As for mods, not really looking for hp..maybe free up a few yet help out with cooling or gas milage ect. Thanks for reading.

Damn i'm mirin. Mine was a fullsize 1987 with the 351windsor in it also. I had a 6inch skyjacker suspension on it with 35's. Had about the same style wheels on it thats on yours. I had the back top off alot. I know there are company's out there that make soft tops for the back.

I did see a few soft tops online, I really do like them. I searched online and 6 inch lift is a bit much for me.

I wouldn't go any bigger than a 4" lift and personally a 2.5'-3" with some 33"s would look best IMO. I had a Rough Country 4" lift on a 92 F250 and really liked it. A nice Cat Back and filter and I'd leave it alone. Oh if it dosen't have a trans or oil cooler that might be something to look into as well, but if it has a factory towing package it prob has it.

Oh if it dosen't have a trans or oil cooler that might be something to look into as well, but if it has a factory towing package it prob has it.

It already has the tow package with trans cooler /hitch ect other then that its a stock 351.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/m/image/1266/67/1266672130490.jpg

Weight of a bumper and winch will run you north of 250lbs. Check out Bronco graveyard for some goodies. I'd personally run a 10K winch, but you could get away with an 8K. Synthetic line will be lighter than a cable winch, but I'm still a cable fan. Being that it has the I-beam suspension, stick to a 4" and 33's. I-beams are already fun enough to get a good alignment on. Suspension lift is your call, but look into swapping in some Bilstein 5100's if you want a nicer ride. Stick away from the bead locks, most tire shops won't touch those things. Unless you're super serious about running this thing on the trail, don't do the bead locks.

Weight of a bumper and winch will run you north of 250lbs. Check out Bronco graveyard for some goodies. I'd personally run a 10K winch, but you could get away with an 8K. Synthetic line will be lighter than a cable winch, but I'm still a cable fan. Being that it has the I-beam suspension, stick to a 4" and 33's. I-beams are already fun enough to get a good alignment on. Suspension lift is your call, but look into swapping in some Bilstein 5100's if you want a nicer ride. Stick away from the bead locks, most tire shops won't touch those things. Unless you're super serious about running this thing on the trail, don't do the bead locks.

Thanks for the reply, yeah the beadlocks are not even close for what I want to do......I still want to be able to daily it or go to the store and highway speeds. I did check out broncograveyard... Lots of nice stuff. Im prolly going go the route you said.... with the 4 inch suspension lift , new shocks, and 33's. With the 250lbs up front any issues with sagging?