Minimum age

fusion

Get him a mini, motard or NSR style bike! There's kids out at CRP racing that are awesome, and some are under 13 i think..kids race all across the country. Best part is its relatively cheap, bikes can be had for under 1k, trackdays are nothing, racedays are 25-65 bucks. Plus, even if u wreck em, they normally hold up very well

Edited by exSRAaron

If you wanted to come down to CRP for one of our races... there are guys that bring bikes for others to ride/test out and see if they like it or not.. They are not the fastest coolest looking bikes, but it will give ya an idea of it is all about!

BTW, if you are a new member that has never raced with OYL before, your first race (one class only) is FREE! ;)

There was a little kid that was in my WERA race school. I think he was like 13 and on a small race bike. He was on the track with me! I also talked to this 16 yo that was racing his ninja250. There is an article in the new Motorcyclist by Keith Code talking about how the learning curve is more aggressive if not the same as an adult's.

Racing a track days are different. Some tracks will not allow people under 18 to ride track days. Happened to my friend's son at VIR. He was pissed. Long car ride for not being able to ride

even with a legal guardian signing the consent form? I have seen some tracks insist upon the riders being 16, but as long as their parent signed the waiver, it was no big deal.

good to know about VIR i guess...

even with a legal guardian signing the consent form? I have seen some tracks insist upon the riders being 16, but as long as their parent signed the waiver, it was no big deal.

good to know about VIR i guess...

Yep, even with his father there ready to sign.. as the owner of jews stated above, it was their insurance that wouldnt let him