C7 caught in the wild....

Putty

Looks like a CTS-V coupe and a Camaro fucked and had an inbred baby.QUOTE]

I have always respected the high power Vetts, But this looks like they just mixed parts from cars already in production to save cost. Nothing new and amazing in looks. They better make up for it under the hood.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is going to almost end the corvette line up.. Every forum I'm on talks about the same shit in reguards how shitty the car looks in the back half.. How the totally redesigned engine only makes barely any more power than the ls3.. Even on face book. Same shit. I'm really curious of it's going to sell. I feel the only people that'll buy Will be guys who just want to claim they have the newest vette. Only thing going for it I see is it's about 100lbs lighter and the front looks sick.. Interior is nice. I mean. It's not like mine or a majority of everyone else that bitchs about it opinion matters.. We will prob never be able to afford one. I just can't wait until bbc gets there hands on one

rev matching + launch control = 10s :zoom:

Maybe in a few years vipers and gtr's will be 99% computer operated like the gtr's are today.. I'm not getting into that discussion about it but this sums it up if you care to read. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3201039-rev-match.html

Maybe in a few years vipers and gtr's will be 99% computer operated like the gtr's are today.. I'm not getting into that discussion about it but this sums it up if you care to read. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3201039-rev-match.html

I call bs on that 132mph trapping c7

Maybe a better angle....

http://i.imgur.com/wXIUrLo.jpg

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac326/riapooh18/7C3A5695-9682-4CDB-907A-6E51979EE249-896-000000AED7E41A98.jpg

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac326/riapooh18/AA09634A-1AAB-4E71-B98F-29D2A28DC542-896-000000AEF0A3698E.jpg

I think this is going to almost end the corvette line up.. Every forum I'm on talks about the same shit in reguards how shitty the car looks in the back half.. How the totally redesigned engine only makes barely any more power than the ls3.. Even on face book. Same shit. I'm really curious of it's going to sell. I feel the only people that'll buy Will be guys who just want to claim they have the newest vette. Only thing going for it I see is it's about 100lbs lighter and the front looks sick.. Interior is nice. I mean. It's not like mine or a majority of everyone else that bitchs about it opinion matters.. We will prob never be able to afford one. I just can't wait until bbc gets there hands on one

Dude you are killing me with this "it makes barely more power than an LS3" stuff (among other things). If you watch the video the corvette engineer talks about the new LT1 making more torque than the LS7. How much more power does the base Vette need to be "satisfactory" in your book? It is already 450+ hp and gets better mileage which, unfortunately, is a necessary evil.

Only the frame is 100lbs lighter the rest of the car was reported to weight more than the C6 base.

I think its going to be like the GTR's when they came out. Everyone thought they were ugly as shit but once performance and mods started happening many jumped aboard.

I've just heard this on another forum. A bone stock C7 corvette with the exception of rear DR had just ran 10.46 @ 132 mph. This was done at MIR.

Forgot to add, it was AT car too.

Hard to believe they have taken 2-full seconds off the time from a current Grand Sport auto. Not to mention those are ZR1 times/MPH and I don't see the LT1 making LS9 power...

Dude you are killing me with this "it makes barely more power than an LS3" stuff (among other things). If you watch the video the corvette engineer talks about the new LT1 making more torque than the LS7. How much more power does the base Vette need to be "satisfactory" in your book? It is already 450+ hp and gets better mileage which, unfortunately, is a necessary evil.

Agreed people fail to realize that there will be a new Z06 and I pray a new ZR1 utilizing this new found corvette body. It will be just like everything else, people hate it now. In a matter of year people will love it and swear up and down its the best vette today (case in point C6 v. C5)

Only the frame is 100lbs lighter the rest of the car was reported to weight more than the C6 base.

I think its going to be like the GTR's when they came out. Everyone thought they were ugly as shit but once performance and mods started happening many jumped aboard.

Hard to believe they have taken 2-full seconds off the time from a current Grand Sport auto. Not to mention those are ZR1 times/MPH and I don't see the LT1 making LS9 power...

Was just about to post this.

Those are ZR1 (130sh) trap speeds.

You don't drop 100lbs and gain 200hp worth of trap.

OH NO! People on Facebook are talking shit!? GM had better scrap the whole project.

It may have only gained ~20 hp over a LS3, but the turque curve matches an LS7 up to 4000 rpm. The car has dropped weight in some area's, gained it in others. There's no official curb weight yet though. With the Z51 package it pulls over 1G on the skidpad and will absolutely haul on a road course. Every aspect of this car is better than the C6.

Styling is subjective, but seeing it in person I think it looks great. It's a very lean, athletic appearance that it obviously an evolution of the Corvette design. The C7 Corvette design has been frozen since long before the Viper was released, so any resemblance is coincidental.

It doesn't look too different than a C6 to me in those pictures. More like if a C6 and a Camaro had a baby. I also need to see one in person but I have noticed the last two or three years a few different makes have come out with new models that have just been so ugly they had to do at least a slight redesign 1-3 years into the cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if the C7 had a "refreshing" in the next couple of years.

I know this happened in the Subaru world when the 2008 WRX came out and everybody said it was so freaking ugly. Then for 2009 they tint the wheels to be slightly darker and put a bigger turbo on it.....suddenly the 2009's looked so much better than the 2008's did to everybody.