Tactical flashlights??

Putty

Perfect thread I just bought a Klarus XT11 true 600 lumen with a cree U2 led. It's amazing, lights up a whole tree, you can see every branch with detail.

It works on guns but not the reason I bought it.

http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=2&lge=en

I got it for $70 on Amazon.

also it WILL blind you and make you see spots for 10+ min at 20-30 feet.

I have an O Light mx21 warrior. It's about 70 or 80 on amazon and made great. 600 lumen light, 3 brightness modes plus strobe, cigar hold, the on off switch doesn't take too much pressure, you can hook up a pressure switch to your rifle if you like. It's water proof and drop proof and the front end extends over the glass. It has a 250 meter or 300 meter throw, I don't remember exactly.

I'm not using a pressure switch on mine.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=6509

Attached to the rifle.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=6600

I converted a surefire M952 to a LED flash light. Didn't cost much at all. The Surefire M952 or M951 can be purchashed for 100-150. the p60 cree conversion LED bulbs are like 20-30 dollars. All the features still work with the surefire, strob, high/low, SOS, etc. The bulb I use produces about 330 lumens on high. Only draw back is it doesn't work with the IR filter. But who has night vision anyways? lol

On my rifle I have a tlr-1s and for EDC I use a streamlight polytac (Cree c4 led), as far as I know the polytac ($45 at Vance's, $35 amazon) is the cheapest way to get the K2 led (the K2 is the true, manufacture name for what the flashlight companys call the "cree c4")in a reliable package.

The tlr-1S is different from the normal tlr-1 in that it uses a Rebel TFFT led (thin film flip transistor) TFFT is some of the most current led technology out, the current production, tlr-1 non-strobes use the K2 led (again what a "Cree c4" actually is)

And on a side note I will never waist money on a remote/tape switch again, I have my tlr1s mounted on my rifle in a position I'm able to work the paddle switch with my support hand, to many things to go wrong with the switch. I also won't ever buy another LED light without tons of research and going threw reviews and reading all I can, to many cheap china lights out there that may put out 200+ lumens for a few days/weeks/ maybe even a month but in the end they will drop in performance very drastically. Even the Fenix lights are known to the high-end led world as being crap, but they're the best of the crap.

I recommend anyone serious about a light, anyone who is considering spending over $50 on a light, to go to candlepowerforum and check it out, there are some great lights out there with great life spans and performance for the same or less money than some of the crap people waist there money on.

Make sure if your jumping on the Cree C4 bandwagon that you get a REAL c4, you do that by buyin a trusted brand, there are c4 knockoffs on the market that look the exact same but may not even last 1000 hours, let alone 50,000

Edited by Cereal_Killer
Don't waist money on cheap lights, I've done that to many times in the past.

Perfect thread I just bought a Klarus XT11 true 600 lumen with a cree U2 led. It's amazing, lights up a whole tree, you can see every branch with detail.

That sounds like a nice piece. I was going to get a higher lumen, but I will never take this thing off my 12 gauge and it's sole purpose it to show me an intruder....just before he sees another flash.

I also bought from Amazon. When it comes I guess I could send back if it's not that bright.

Surefire X300 Ultra LED on the Benelli and a couple cheap Redline "Nebo" handhelds.

Redline NEBO are some of the exact lights I'm talking about in my post above, I had 2, one I even made NEBO replace and that one went bad too. They start out bright but die quick. Both the multi-LED version and the single LED with projector version.

A GOOD led light doesn't need a projector lense, the diode it's self puts out the light, if you see a projector run away.

I agree the x300 is a quality light, but I don't see it being worth 2x what a tlr1 is, it does not put out 2x the light, or have a 2x better UI, so why the 2x price?

Rocking fenix but looking for some more.

Fenix has a nasty 2600 lumen out there...eek!

LOL!! I just ordered the XT11 after watching that video. Sumbitch is super bright. I'll send the Nebo back as soon as it comes. Thanks!!

Edited by Putty

I don't agree with putting a light on your night Stand pistol, mostly due to I know my house and what's in it. And I don't want to telegraph my position to an intruder. Just my opinion though.

My problem is i have roommates and sometimes they bring people over. My pup would most likely identify an intruder as such but i have to make sure i see what im putting a hole in.

I don't agree with putting a light on your night Stand pistol, mostly due to I know my house and what's in it. And I don't want to telegraph my position to an intruder. Just my opinion though.

That's very true, but light is always a good thing for the hiding sneak attack. Reason I understand the pressure switch. Just hate that cable.

I think it's better to know what you are shooting at before you open fire.

I think it's better to know what you are shooting at before you open fire.

I don't agree with having one attached to your pistol but I do agree with having one next to it to use.

A lot of trainers that train for home defense with a pistol will train you to use the light in your non dominant hand, not attached to the pistol.

Fenix has a nasty 2600 lumen out there...eek!

LOL!! I just ordered the XT11 after watching that video. Sumbitch is super bright. I'll send the Nebo back as soon as it comes. Thanks!!

You will love it, make sure you order a good 18650 battery with charger. Or go get two CR123's that will boost the lumens to 750. But they are expensive and die quickly lol.

I spent about 3 hours researching before I bought that light and found it to be the best bang for the buck under $100, you can get brighter but it can get quite expensive. I think you will like the build quality too, the two springs inside that hold the battery tight, the anti roll ring that can be flipped to rotated with the lanyard on or non rotational, or taken off completely.

Also a confession, the night I got this light in and tested it out, I was slightly drunk and standing on the back porch steps, I also was slightly blind from doing the blinding "test" lol. I slipped and fell off the back steps (only about 3 foot fall) but in the process nailed the light against the rough brick wall of my house. Before I even got up to look at it I was like "shit I just fucked up my brand new light" Turns out I go inside and I had nailed the stainless steel "protection/strike" ring and the only thing wrong was it was a little rougher on one of the protruding edges. NO scratches or damage to the light at all.

In short: real world testing, it works lol.

I am a high lumen light nerd.

Also, point it up into a big tree when you get it, you will be amazed and see why so many LEO's want a light of this caliber.

A more USA friendly website. IDK what happened to that other link.

http://www.klaruslightusa.com/index-32.html

And another great reviewer on youtube.

Also you know this bad boy is bright when you shine it on your hand and it still blinds you.

You can drive down your street with headlights off and it works just fine for that too.... fyi.