MSAR STG-556 (the AUG clone)

Cereal_Killer

Im interested in a MSAR STG-556 and have done tons of research on them. I love the AUG but right away figured out these are not AUG's, not even that close. They don't have a very good rep but it seems to be hit or miss, universally their CS gets praised and the problems usually get resolved but I have also read several instances of money including transfer fees being refunded because they person just got tired of problems or the rifle couldn't be made reliable. Suprisingly I'm not turned off of them by the fact there seems to be about a 50% chance ill have to have it serviced at the factory after the first shoot.

Does anyone own one? Has anyone ever owned one or know of anyone who did? I'd just like some general advice, maybe even to shoulder one. With the money I'm going to spend on any AR these days, even a low end home build, I'm really considering one of these instead. They fit all the requirments I have of a second carbine plus they're just cool looking.

Points that worry me-

It's a knife company's first gun...

Does it shoot steel case ammo? I have a lot of wolf/tulammo in my ammo stores.

How is mounting and dismounting with it? (In and out of vehicles) does it truely do better than a AR or do its ergonomics tend to negate any possible advantages of simply having a shorter OAL? Does the shape overall or any corners or sharp edges tent to get stuck in/on/snagged up by clothing or seatbelts or anything else?

I've never ran across it but is there any way to make it take STANAG mags? Or ways to make its mags work in an AR even if the AR mag didnt work in it?

Training with an AR, and having NEVER used any bullpup will I ever learn to be proficient at mag changes without loosing the muscle memory I have built to the AR?

How is the recoil compared to my AR? Stronger/weaker? Still pretty much straight back or does it have more/less muzzle flip?

If I get one with the fixed 1.5x optic will I regret it? I think it looks great but I don't know how I'll like it, I know I would never even think about such an optic, either 1x or 3x-4x are what I would go shopping for if I went with the railed version.