Looking for a desktop PC

V8 Beast

Its for movies, some gaming, and work. I will probably have to run 4 programs at once while downloading large files. What would you recommend? I'm not sure on the price range quite yet. I was going to compare the costs to performance after I get a better idea of what to look for.

Please give links if possible.

This one caught my eye.. but not sure if there are better ones for the price..

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/2245554768492180721?hl=en&gs_rn=2&gs_ri=serp&tok=9p9wkQxnTU2BKoPIzA2Bkw&ds=sh&pq=cost+of+good+desktop+PC&cp=0&gs_id=5&xhr=t&q=desktop%20pc&pf=p&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&oq=desktop+PC&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.dmQ&biw=1107&bih=606&sa=X&ei=_-UOUe3-Leiv0AHXsoCoDw&sqi=2&ved=0CJsCEPMCMAo

$500-1000 would be my budget for what tasks you gave. A capable gaming rig but nothing too serious. Sweet spot in the $700-800 range. Multi-tasking is really dependent on RAM and 8GB is more than enough.

However, I always build my own so maybe a slight increase for a complete pre-built.

With what you want to do I would customize strictly for playing games well. $1000 would be the cheapest "gaming" machine I would buy. Start here http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_X79_Core_i7_Configurator

There are lots of nice options if you have $2000. I currently have a a NVIDA GTX 660Ti 3GB superclocked. It performs well for the price and the GPU temp is low at full load.

IMO, ibuy has gone downhill quite a bit. I had a q6700 build from them a few years back that was made with decent hardware. The current components in the models that I have seen were disappointing for the price point. If you find yourself in Micro Center anytime soon, take a look inside the two that are on display.

Go play with them at Microcenter and judge from there. Then you can get advice here from the resident nerds and customize your own or buy a prebuilt one that will likely be cheaper but may not perform like a top tier custom machine.

• 2 weeks later...