Swain Tech Input

JuicedH22

Anyone used swain tech for ceramic coating on headers/exhaust manifolds?

Pics of yours? How do you like it? Anyone do any temp testing with a laser temp gun? or otherwise? Anyone done the high temp paint over to change color?

Looking for input before deciding to coat....

I have heard many positive reviews for them. I have a set of headers that I have going out to them hopefully end of this week. If you don't end up deciding soon I'll post up some pics and whatnot when I get them back.

Edit : I will be doing the white lightning of course.

Here are the different quotes I got:

Satin black ceramic coat from local powder coater: $250

Swain Tech estimate: $350+shipping

Jet Hot estimates:

1300 polished finished: $355+shipping

2000 flat grey/black: $455+shipping

2500 black: $700+shipping

No call back from Aesthetic Finishers north of Dayton in OH.

The paradigm I am stuck in, is I think the Jet Hot polished finish looks the best, but the Swain Tech will perform the best (as the Jet Hot equivalents are higher cost). The local satin black finish is the least expensive, and based on my research 'should' perform nearly as well as the Jet Hot 1300... however he only does it in satin black, and I think that it looks 'cheap'. Just a mental thing, as it reminds me of pacesetter I guess, lol. It also fades/discolors overtime....

So I heard back from Aesthetic finishers... they want $245, so the same price as hte local guy, but offering hte "near chrome" finish that the local guy doesnt....

So really its a matter of spray on ceramic coat.. or the thick Swain tech stuff for what will probably be close to $200 more....

So now I am down to just thinking I will take it to Aesthetic Finishers, or not coat it at all...

So So So

I had my longtubes for my lightning done at aesthetic finishers. They turned out good inside and out and yea close looking to chrome.... although after a while it does fade out a bit but still looks good. Also being local was nice... had em done in a few days. I might be able to post some pics.....http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/06/hu9u3any.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/06/zypa4yra.jpg

Hey Joe who'd you use?

I had my turbine housings done by IRP and they sent them someplace in TX for this black 2000 degree coating. It's held up well but I don't know if I want to pony up that kind of money for my old busted downpipe

I had the work done at Performance Powder Coating. I powder coated a ton of stuff for me and they have held up like new. But the ceramic just didn't have the life I was hoping.

EDIT:

The ceramic coat issue with my car has been in the back of my mind for about a year now. Understand, I was out of the country for a year also, before I saw the issue. With me not having the car at home, I just haven't looked into it. That said, I called Performance Powder Coating and they are a little shocked with what I have experianced. Without hesitation they said bring it in and it will be looked into and corrected. They were great to work with before and I'm seeing the same service 3 years later.

Edited by Mojoe