The R32 Skyline dominated racing in the early 90s

Das Borgen

How could it not with a twin turbo I6 putting down at least 600hp to 4 wheels, all of which were steered

My flavor du jour is the R32 Skyline race car thanks to Speedhunters.

it's a good one

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/02/godzilla-attacks-the-gibson-group-a-gt-r/

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/GIBSON_GTR_3192.jpg

Dat I6 :D

dat ass

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/DT_GIBSON_GTR_1444.jpg

for people wanting r33... why not buy a s14 and toss and RB25 in it? its close... SRSLY

Unless of course you want the AWD... in that case... dont buy the skyline (r33) that looks like a 240sx.... Plus.. r33 rear quarter windows look TERRIBLE.

240sx :lolguy:

I'll still take a VR4 over an R32

3000GT LOL. I love em, but IMO they're just too heavy, and parts are a bit harder to come by, so I'd rather take the Skyline GTR. Plus, the Skyline has an 80% rearward bias on the AWD, whereas the 3000GT's is more FWD biased. In terms of looks though, I LOVE the way the last 3000GT's of 98 looked, so badass, and proper super-sports car looking. R33 or R33 GTR all day for me though

3000GT LOL. I love em, but IMO they're just too heavy, and parts are a bit harder to come by, so I'd rather take the Skyline GTR. Plus, the Skyline has an 80% rearward bias on the AWD, whereas the 3000GT's is more FWD biased. In terms of looks though, I LOVE the way the last 3000GT's of 98 looked, so badass, and proper super-sports car looking. R33 or R33 GTR all day for me though

:confused:

Call autozone and ask for an R33 alternator :lolguy:

Unless you meant R33 parts are hard to come by...in that case touche

Unless you meant R33 parts are hard to come by...in that case touche

Both cars' parts are hard to come by, the 3000GT seems like the 90's version of the R35 GTR in that it's a technological marvel, lots of parts and lots to possibly go wrong. I'd still take a VR-4 any day, but would rather drive an R33 lol

Is this the only reason?

No...for one, the 3000gt had a nicer interior.

GTR = 3,152.6 lb

VR4 = 3100-3800 (depending on year, and the spyder was a heavy bitch)

The VR4 was not FWD bias. It could vary anywhere from 20/80 to 60/40 depending on conditions. As for parts availability...see next response.

this

Both cars' parts are hard to come by, the 3000GT seems like the 90's version of the R35 GTR in that it's a technological marvel, lots of parts and lots to possibly go wrong. I'd still take a VR-4 any day, but would rather drive an R33 lol

I owned 2 3000GT's, 1 SL and 1 VR4. The VR4 was solid and reliable as all hell. Only thing that went wrong was that I had a 93 that still had the 18 spline output shaft, so the transfer case took a dump. After upgrading to the 24 spline, I beat the shit out of it and it took it. Oh, and the damn automatic antenna gears were stripped so it would make an annoying grinding sound when you start/shut off the car.

No...for one, the 3000gt had a nicer interior.

GTR = 3,152.6 lb

VR4 = 3100-3800 (depending on year, and the spyder was a heavy bitch)

The VR4 was not FWD bias. It could vary anywhere from 20/80 to 60/40 depending on conditions. As for parts availability...see next response.

this

I owned 2 3000GT's, 1 SL and 1 VR4. The VR4 was solid and reliable as all hell. Only thing that went wrong was that I had a 93 that still had the 18 spline output shaft, so the transfer case took a dump. After upgrading to the 24 spline, I beat the shit out of it and it took it. Oh, and the damn automatic antenna gears were stripped so it would make an annoying grinding sound when you start/shut off the car.

Antenna problem sounds like my car, lol. Spyder is where I'd seen the weight of the car before, then, knew it was a pretty heavy-ish car. I never knew the VR-4's AWD was able to go FWD or RWD bias, I'd read 50/50 under power, 60/40 under slipping tires and such. Is it tunable with the ECU, or does it just choose when it wants either bias?

Antenna problem sounds like my car, lol. Spyder is where I'd seen the weight of the car before, then, knew it was a pretty heavy-ish car. I never knew the VR-4's AWD was able to go FWD or RWD bias, I'd read 50/50 under power, 60/40 under slipping tires and such. Is it tunable with the ECU, or does it just choose when it wants either bias?

It was mechanical (Viscous Coupling Unit), so you couldn't tune it with the ECU, but I remember people would weld it or make modifications to it to get what they want.