Saturdaysaturdaysaturday 4-18-09

jbot

i'll be using this saturday ride to get me familiar with the 600rr for midohio the following weekend, so i'll probably start slow, get familiar, and hopefully be less slow once we're warmed up.

it's still a bit early yet, but who thinks they're in for the south of canton ride?

iron pony guys, may i suggest creating a new thread so your ride setup isn't cluttered with this one? i don't want people to get confused and upset that they won't get to slab it to the glory that is iron pony, and instead, will have to waste their day riding through inconvenient twisties?

I should be there as long as I am sure someone else will be going at a moderate pace

I wouldn't want to slow the group

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the very northern group can meet off of 77 or something and ride down to bolivar together... but the real ride will start in bolivar. for reference, bolivar is approx 15-20 miles south of canton. there just aren't good enough roads around here.

yes, let the bitching and moaning begin... NOW

oh, and iron pony guys, sorry to kick you out of the thread. i don't want the two get togethers to get confused.

Where is the meeting place? QSL Vally View? I might swing this depending on the weather - I want a chance to test out the new PP 2cts Kevin and Jeff helped me out with.

You got the Pilot Powers? I had em on the last Ninja. Loved em! But they wear fast. Nature of the beast.

Jinu, I'm sure you've got everything under control, but I always stress that the route be posted before hand and agreed upon. That way there's no confusion...no route scouting...etc..etc. Everyone is on the same page and you don't feel bad because you didn't know where you were going (or whoever was leading).

It's cool to wing it if you have a small group and everyone knows each other..but on a ride like this I think having a solid route posted in advance is tits.

I'm jealous..I'd like to meet you guys but I've got previous plans that can't be rescheduled.

Maybe next weekend. Ride safe.

dude: mentor to canton is a solid 90 minutes on the slab.

inya: i'm not sure who's coming yet, so depending on who will be there to lead, the route will change. if i'm leading, it'll be educated guesses on my part. lol. also, based on previous experience when posting actual routes and roll out time, police presence have been strangely spot on, so i'll don my tinfoil cap and not post routes up front. however, as i said previously, people who will be late or arent sure whether they can make it right up until the last moment can PM me or something for route info and I can give them an idea of where we'll be.

aprilia will get new rear rubbers tomorrow, and 600rr should be done tomorrow as well, so it's almost go time!

You got the Pilot Powers? I had em on the last Ninja. Loved em! But they wear fast. Nature of the beast.

Yes, I bit the bullet and figured if I'm going to buy tires (first time - I sold the 'cane after 6 years of riding on the same tires and the 'busa came with new tires), I'd try some good ones.

I hope the 2cts don't wear as quick as you (and others) are saying. I don't carve it up like most of you though either, so... I'll be happy to get one or two trackdays on them along with street riding for this year and next.

:::cue peanut gallery laughter for thinking I'm going to get more than one season on them:::

yeah, me neither.

saturday sounds like it could rain during the evening, so we'll keep our eyes on the weather.

friday, on the other hand, is looking more and more fantastic every day.

dude: mentor to canton is a solid 90 minutes on the slab.

inya: i'm not sure who's coming yet, so depending on who will be there to lead, the route will change. if i'm leading, it'll be educated guesses on my part. lol. also, based on previous experience when posting actual routes and roll out time, police presence have been strangely spot on, so i'll don my tinfoil cap and not post routes up front. however, as i said previously, people who will be late or arent sure whether they can make it right up until the last moment can PM me or something for route info and I can give them an idea of where we'll be.

aprilia will get new rear rubbers tomorrow, and 600rr should be done tomorrow as well, so it's almost go time!

I still think thats a bit tin-foil hat-ish myself. I've never seen a problem with it, and I'm certainly not going to attribute staties sitting where they usually do to route posting. Especially after talking to a few coworkers who live there and were nice enough to tell me that about 2-3 state troopers live right off 212 in the Bolivar area.

LEOs use the tools they have available, including the internet. Posting a time and route where a bunch of sportbikes may be exceeding the speed limit just seems like making their jobs too easy. If I was going to drive home from the bar after a few beers, I wouldn't post that either.

It would take them about 3 minutes to do a sweep of a few forums. I think it's a matter of whether or not they are focusing on motorcycles at the present time.

LEOs use the tools they have available, including the internet. Posting a time and route where a bunch of sportbikes may be exceeding the speed limit just seems like making their jobs too easy. If I was going to drive home from the bar after a few beers, I wouldn't post that either.

It would take them about 3 minutes to do a sweep of a few forums. I think it's a matter of whether or not they are focusing on motorcycles at the present time.

+1 ;)

I'm good friends with a State Trooper. He rides. Cops have more to do than scanning bike forums for group rides. There are more than enough asshole on two and four wheels to keep them busy in the summer months.

Anyways..

The 2CT's were sticky...loved them in the curves..except for a certain curve last year. And that wasn't the tires' fault. You'll love em..but don't get any wild ideas about getting 2 full seasons and 2 track days out of them. :)

You guys suck. I hate you all. Yes..I'm throwing a tantrum because I can't go.

Ride safe.Take some pics if you guys stop somewhere.

i don't know about you guys, but i'm riding my totally non-euro nor japanese cruiser at full speed (92 mph) on 71S alllllllll day on saturday. i definitely won't be going anywhere near canton at all.

:plus1: Never post routes online. Why's it matter. Either show or not and find out the route then. It's a ride, who cares what route if you're wanting to ride with some peeps, just do it.

Oh yeah...there's also some cops that are members on this board so that's another reason guys. Good call Tpoppa.:cool:

Alright, S3 got a new tune yesterday and is running considerably better, and the weather looks like it's going to be perfect.

We've got the meeting time set @ 10:30, but what's the locale? I read something about a Dairy Queen, but I just want to make sure. I typically hit I-77 exit 93 in Bolivar and gas up at the Speedway next to Mickie-D's headed East on 212.

I don't really care about the route, but I do have a pretty good one in mind that'll take ~3 hours and spit us out in East Canton.

I'll check this in the morning, but as of now I'm going to plan on being at the Speedway or McDonalds (depending on how much I need coffee) on OH-212 (exit 93 off I-77) in Bolivar at around 10:30 tommorrow morning for the ride and plan on heading out at 11:00.

I'll be on a white Speed Triple, probably wearing my leathers.