pirates

that dude

seems like in the past few weeks the pirate hijackings are becoming a daily thing. is it true that these ships are unarmed, and cant be armed to due to martitime laws. i think its sad that these 100+ ft long ships are being overtaken by lifeboats..why the f are these ships not seeing them on radar/sonar etc? i think its time to have some turrets grenades machine guns etc on all these ships to defend them..after a few grenades and 50 cals buzzing by their heads they might think twice..these pirates should even be able to get as close as they do without blowing them and boats to pieces. i just thought it was a little embarassing that a fucking dinghy could overtake a ship.

If I'm the captain of a cruise ship, I don't care if the guy has a pair of water wings and an RPG. He still has an RPG that can kill a ton of your passengers and possibly sink the ship. I guess modern piracy is one situation where the size of the ship really doesn't matter after all :p

All they need to do is station some ninjas on each ship. Ninjas flip out and kick pirates asses all day and then bang hot chicks when they're done.

well the law of the sea is kinda tricky once you enter some ones national waters.... would you want foreign ships with armament docking in US ports? Is kind of a sticky situation... you want ships to be able to protect themselves but not be considered "war ready" vessels... I think the (I can't believe I'm gonna say this) UN needs to have a coalition of nations warships to combat the pirates... including russia and china... because everyone has a stake in free shipping lanes... it ain't gonna happen... but it's a nice pipe dream.....

All they need to do is station some ninjas on each ship. Ninjas flip out and kick pirates asses all day and then bang hot chicks when they're done.

Ninjas are pussies. Pirates would kick a ninjas ass anyday.

Ninjas are pussies. Pirates would kick a ninjas ass anyday.

SEAL's are pretty much modern day ninjas...

If I'm the captain of a cruise ship, I don't care if the guy has a pair of water wings and an RPG. He still has an RPG that can kill a ton of your passengers and possibly sink the ship. I guess modern piracy is one situation where the size of the ship really doesn't matter after all :p

ok back to my orginal question..with modern day tech, these ships dont see these guys coming from afar..if so blow the fuckers up

ok back to my orginal question..with modern day tech, these ships dont see these guys coming from afar..if so blow the fuckers up

agreed, but there are rules that normal ships have to follow...some do have security forces, and tactical repulsion weapons.... but both are very expensive...

My $02.

Each Merchant sip should be declared the territory of what ever country it originates from. The laws of other countries should not effect the confines of the ship. With the understanding the operators and the protectors of the ship are not out to harm anyone but to deliver goods to their required destination safely and securely. If the merchant ship company so chooses to have a small team of security personnel to watch over the ship or have the crew trained in counter hijacking tactics and fire arm training. Personally I think they could find some combat trained retired military to either both work on the ship or to be a security force. Before to long the pirates are not going to find hijacking a civilian run and operated ship so easy to take over. Maybe these pirates will actually go home and use some of their ingenuity to build some dike systems or something to provide water resources to the greater regions of Africa and help their countries to become self sufficient and less reliant on the global community for aid.

I know it's all a dream especially the last part. Once you make someone, let alone an entire continent, dependent on free aid and getting something for nothing you are never going to get them to do something for anything. Welfare on a grand scale!!!!