dexcool alternate?

xTHExBOSSx46

car was in the shop after hitting a animal and the radiator as well as front mount heat exchanger needed replaced. my cobalt takes dexcool, which is obv pink/orange/red / whatever color you wanna label it. point is its not greenish yellow. car is fixed and im driving home and my low coolant text appears in my dash. i get home and check it out. radiator tank is super low and cap isnt on all the way. im like whatever ill just fill it i dont wanna go back. so i look at the H/E fill valve and its the color of dirty water. no where near red. and i look closer at the other tank and the same thing. and its after closing time so i cant call till morning.

is there a dexcool alternate that looks like dirty water that im unfamiliar with or do i need to bust some skulls together tomorrow and make them flush and do it right?

They have a universal yellow that mixes with either green or dex. Personally, the first thing I have done to all my GM cars was to flushed the dex out. Either way it shouldn't look like dirty water but dex is know for coating the insides of the system which makes it harder to get it all out.

i knew mixing would cause that which is why i didnt try and fill the tank back up till i knew what was potentially in it. the rest of the fix looked ok but it was also dark and rainy.

soooooo bust skulls. flush system. got it. btw this was autobody collision and glass on east broad.

Before you run in there and "bust skulls," why don't you ask them what type of coolant they use to fill their customers' cars with. If you then discover what they used is not

compatible, you should then politely ask them to flush and fill your car properly.