Thoughts/ opinions on Kahr K9.

Wonderboy

Ive recently become interested In the Kahr K9 mainly due to price and a handful of reviews I have read about them. It would likely be used as a carry piece since its a bit narrower than my glock. I know nothing about Kahr but, read good things from time to time. Let me know what experiences youve had.

I think Pretty much everything about them is great for the intend use, the only reason I didn't buy one was the weight. I'm equally accurate with a k9 as a pm9, the k9 is just a tiny bit quicker on the follow up shots. About as good as DOA triggers get from a factory gun and dead reliable. Lots of deals out there right now on all the NYPD trade ins, also not a fan of bright shiny stainless on my discreet carry gun.

Yeah, I hadnt thought about the easy to spot stainless versus an all black carry gun. I think for the price im not gonna find a better deal though. Ive read the nypd models had a stiffer trigger pull too which I would assume could be easily fixed if it became an issue. I found some trade ins that look like theyve never been holstered.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=810&pictureid=6910

I love my K9. I got mine at OVO for 380, it was a police trade in. Then I had it cerakoted by a company local in Ohio. Buss seems to think mine has had some trigger work done to it.

I had the CW9 first and moved to the K9.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=810&pictureid=6910

I love my K9. I got mine at OVO for 380, it was a police trade in. Then I had it cerakoted by a company local in Ohio. Buss seems to think mine has had some trigger work done to it.

I had the CW9 first and moved to the K9.

Have you put many rounds through it yet? Any reliablity concerns? Im only asking so many questions because I plan on purchasing one for myself along with a buddy of mine and this will be his first handgun so I dont want to steer him in the wrong direction.

I have about 500 rds through it without a hiccup. Mine was used so I didn't have to go through the long break in period that a Kahr requires. This is my second Kahr for CCW and I don't have anything but great things to say about them.

I would go get yours asap. Make sure you put 500 to 800 rds down it before you consider it broken in if it's new.