Wing Stop

Buck531

theres really no good wings in Columbus.

I completely disagree with this. All three of these are great wing places, and I was born and raised 45 minutes from Buffalo, the origin of the wing:

1. Roosters

2. Wings & Rings

3. Roadhouse Wings

:nod:

I completely disagree with this. All three of these are great wing places, and I was born and raised 45 minutes from Buffalo, the origin of the wing:

1. Roosters

2. Wings & Rings

3. Roadhouse Wings

+1

i live in bumfuck wisconsin. we have no QS&L, no BW3, nothing. columbus has so many incredible places for wings, its unreal. the reality, is that out of all the major cities i've visited/lived in, columbus (for its size--we know its not chicago or new york) has a disproportionate number of fantastic restaurants.

Rooster's is great at least the Lancaster and GC ones, GC has the best scenery as well.

Can't stand BW3 their horrible. If I'm ever off the steltzer rd area I'll check out the new place.

The Roosters I frequent is on 161 (closest to my work), the scenery isn't that great. :(

From what I've seen, the best scenery is Olentangy River Rd. You've got all OSU girls working there and a lot of them are damn fine. :D

I don't think BW3's is too bad for a national chain. I do prefer the other previous mentioned places though. Roosters has been, and probably always will be, my favorite wing place in Columbus... :nod:

Enough room to have a CR meet there? I know we have done a car show in that plaza and used to meed up at the sonic right there.

I dunno Wagner. That strip mall is filling up pretty quick with businesses. That and I doubt it would be his say to have a meet there. He just owns a small joint in that strip. Might have to go to the owner of the entire building.

FYI, I'm cashing in my $20 for 30 wings here in about 1 1/2 hours.

1. Roosters

2. Wings & Rings

3. Roadhouse Wings

Where? My wife and in laws are from Springville and they think all the places here are meh. Bar Bill > Anchor Bar > anything here

Just got my nom on from there. Very good wings. They're not breaded (except the boneless). very crispy. I got mostly drums (not sure if by accident?) but there was a lot of meat on them. I also opted for an extra cheese fry. $25 bucks. 30 wings.

10 smoked BBQ boneless

10 Louisiana (fairly mild)

10 Cajun (decently hot)

Picture is blurry.. sorry. Fat guy's gotta eat.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/CAM00351_zpsdfa36cc5.jpg

Hey guys,

I’m the franchisee for the Wing Stop over at Stelzer and we finally opened the location last week. I’m a huge wing fanatic myself and have a great appreciation for the competition in the area. Wing Stop is definitely a little different than some of the other guys though. More than 80% of the business is take out so the foot print and atmosphere is a little different than Roosters, BW3, etc. The brand is simple and really puts an effort towards providing a quality product with some unique flavor options. Thanks for the compliments and I would definitely encourage you guys to try the Louisiana rub and lemon pepper flavors. They are two of the most popular and seem to be a huge hit in this market over the past week. I’ve been amazed so far at the positive response we've had from people and how many are already familiar with the brand.

Hopefully we can provide a little different experience and find our place in the Columbus market. We have a couple more locations in the works that are scheduled to open later in the year. We appreciate the support of CR and look forward to seeing you guys.

Matt

Matt,

I love to support local businesses and a fellow CR member, so I am open and will try out your store soon. At the Detroit store, they had fresh cut fries which were better than the competition. I like my wings breaded, is this something you can mention up the corporate chain?

Thanks,

Rick

Where? My wife and in laws are from Springville and they think all the places here are meh. Bar Bill > Anchor Bar > anything here

I didn't say they were better, but still pretty good compared to other parts of the country. :)

I grew up on the west side of Rochester... :nod:

I smell wings and a CR Meet in the air.

I'm sure we can make something happen. Maybe when it warms up a little we can work something out for a free wing night or do something for a good cause on behalf of CR. The Wing Stop concept is new to most so I wouldn't mind putting something together so everyone can try out the product and have a good time. The space limitation in both the restaurant and the lot may be an issue but worth a try.

Just got my nom on from there. Very good wings. They're not breaded (except the boneless). very crispy. I got mostly drums (not sure if by accident?) but there was a lot of meat on them. I also opted for an extra cheese fry. $25 bucks. 30 wings.

10 smoked BBQ boneless

10 Louisiana (fairly mild)

10 Cajun (decently hot)

Thanks for checking us out and hope you enjoyed the product. Use that 5 free wings coupon and try the lemon pepper wings next time :)

Matt,

I love to support local businesses and a fellow CR member, so I am open and will try out your store soon. At the Detroit store, they had fresh cut fries which were better than the competition. I like my wings breaded, is this something you can mention up the corporate chain?

Thanks,

Rick

We appreciate the business and look forward to seeing you. We do fresh cut fries here as well along with other homemade sides. Pretty much everything is made in house daily. I'll pass along the request but I'll tell you these guys are stubborn when it comes to changing anything. I requested a couple local sauce flavors to test out and they wouldn't even budge on that. Franchises can be a PITA sometimes.

+1

i live in bumfuck wisconsin. we have no QS&L, no BW3, nothing. columbus has so many incredible places for wings, its unreal. the reality, is that out of all the major cities i've visited/lived in, columbus (for its size--we know its not chicago or new york) has a disproportionate number of fantastic restaurants.

Columbus is one of restaurant test beds; whether it's new restaurant or a new item in the menu.

• 1 month later...

Was back there Saturday.

Ehhhhh.. Wings went from nice and meaty to basically gnawing on straight chicken bones. I think there was more skin than meat. Not sure what the deal is. Looks like there were a few other people that came in with the same issue.

Hopefully that will change. I don't want to get charged $8 for 12 wings that are the size of my pinky.