amber alert..alert on my phone

SRTurbo04

In this thread: people who don't silence their phones when they sleep, then bitch about their phones waking them up.

lol.

I take care of my sister and nephew and my phones on for them to call in an emergency and I cant do that while its on silent....... :finger:

Is this a joke...It's an emergency. They sound off just like any other emergency...when it's happening.

So... I'm supposed to jump in my car and hits the streets looking for this car from WV? :rolleyes:

I just don't see what's wrong with a silent notice that's waiting there when I get up in the morning and am about to go drive to work. So in the absence of even a simple notification customization, I have turned it off.

Frankly, the lack of customization options throughout android/ios software just irks me.

So... I'm supposed to jump in my car and hits the streets looking for this car from WV? :rolleyes:

I just don't see what's wrong with a silent notice that's waiting there when I get up in the morning and am about to go drive to work. So in the absence of even a simple notification customization, I have turned it off.

Frankly, the lack of customization options throughout android/ios software just irks me.

No, I don't think anyone expects you to do that. However, if you were already in your car, you would look out for it. Everyone isn't in bed during the 3rd shift. I don't think emergency messages were meant to be silenced. Pick a person in your life that means a lot to you. Say something tragic happened to them and someone needed to notify you personally regardless of the hour. Would you want the message to get to you at 2:52am, silenced, and then when you get up at 8 or whenever you look over and say "Oh my mom was kidnapped 7 hours ago, but I sure got a good nights sleep"

(hope nothing like that happens to you...speaking in general)

In this thread: people who don't silence their phones when they sleep, then bitch about their phones waking them up.

lol.

No shit. My phone is downstairs, plugged in, and silenced. My step daughter will sleep with her phone, with it on, and wake up when someone texts her. FUCK THAT... :lol: