4th gen F-body radiator orientation question

Richard Cranium

Hey guys, I think I have a plan, but wanted to check with the guys here who have done or need to do this mod. We're putting a D1 blower into my LT1 95 Camaro. These guys ship with a 12 rib belt. The first significant snag to the project is that the cooling fans will not fit in the car with the blower pulley installed. I think I am going to opt to stand the radiator up from it's angled position. We cannot trim the fans in the areas we need to.

The plan is to swap out the stock radiator for a Griffin 55241-X. According to all the reading on LS1tech this should work. There will need to be some chopping done on the core support to get it to fit, but it doesn't look like an extreme amount. It also means I have to ditch the A/C. I haven't had working A/C in a couple years, and haven't missed it that much, so we're getting rid of it.

Does anyone on here have any experience with this and could give me some feedback on the process or fitment of the radiator and fans?

Steve, thanks for the offer. I will most likely take you up on that when I get back to town.

When I started putting the order together I assumed it would ship with an 8 rib belt, but the kit starts with a 12 rib. If not for the over sized belt it MIGHT have fit, but would have been VERY close. If I stand up the radiator that will give me plenty of room for whatever I want to do from there.