WOW Ultra users

Buck531

Do you have WOW ultra?

If so, do you have multiple Xbox's (or Ps3's) connected at the same time?

I just called WOW because when I turn my 360 on it kicks my son off. vise versa. We can't log in for like hours. WOW rep said that it's the gateway/modem that's causing it. There is no fix any time soon and it's the way the modem is designed (they put it in bridge mode?).

I then asked if I could turn off every function on the mode (firewall, all the other crap) and just hook up my own router.. She said no it wouldn't work. The wireless on this box sucks as it is for being a wireless N router (disconnects frequently).

Anyone having this issue? If so I'll probably end up dropping WOW.

I do not have multiple consoles on my WOW Ultra but have seen this issue pop up on the WOW forums over on DSL Reports a lot lately. I absolutely use my own router though and have disabled as many features as I feel safe disabling on the Ultra gateway. I'll see if I can get another 360 hooked up on my network soon and see if having my own router running stuff doesn't allows multiple consoles.

Here's the biggest thread (it's not very big) on the WOW forums about this Xbox stuff. Haven't read through it but maybe you'll find something...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28096796-WOW-ARRIS-Media-Gateway-Port-Forwarding-UPNP

Well I tried to get WOW to come out and install another modem (the old one) but that didn't work. I disabled as much as I could on the gateway and hooked up my old router. We'll see if that helps. Sucks I can't turn off DHCP though on the gateway (it's grayed out).

We have a gateway and 3 360's with live and no issues. Though, now it seems odd for us to not if it sounds like we should.

Well wtf. do you use all 3 - 360's at the same time? Or is only one on a time?

Since I disabled all the wow gateway crap and hooked up my router there hasn't been any issues.

I would like to figure out how to use my extra netgear router here to use as a repeater/extender so I can get wireless in my garage though.