B Dubs hates guns

copperhead

I've been going to B Dubs occasionally since I do like their food, even though they have no gun signs up at every location but I think I'm done with them after reading this article. Their policy is “It is the company’s practice to allow credentialed officers to carry guns” even though their employees confront them about it, and regular citizens aren't allowed to carry there at all. This is past what I can stomach, so I'm boycotting them.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/28/buffalo-wild-wings-sorry-after-gun-fearing-waitress-refuses-to-serve-cops/?intcmp=obinsite

Buffalo Wild Wings sorry after gun-fearing waitress refuses to serve cops

By Joshua Rhett Miller

Published March 28, 2013

| FoxNews.com

A Buffalo Wild Wings waitress refused to serve eight Virginia police officers because their guns were in full view in what the apologetic restaurant manager now says was a "misunderstanding."

The plainclothes Prince William County police officers stopped in at the Manassas restaurant on March 20, presumably to dig in to the popular chain's specialty, but never got the chance. An unidentified server told them they would have to put their service guns out of sight before being served. Scott Lupton, general manager of the store, said he heard about the incident from Daryl LaClair, a local man who contacted restaurant representatives afterward. Lupton denied reports that the county's Finest were asked to leave.

“She went to a manager,” Lupton told FoxNews.com. “But nobody was asked to leave. It was a misunderstanding and we tried to apologize for it. I’ll keep apologizing for it as much as I can.”

Lupton said he sent an “apologetic” email to LaClair, who could not be reached for comment early Thursday. Lupton also told the police department he was sorry.

“It was an apologetic letter for the misunderstanding,” he said, referring further questions to a company spokesman.

A Prince William County Police Department spokesman confirmed that the apology had been received, but declined further comment.

“It’s not really a department matter,” the spokesman told FoxNews.com.

A spokeswoman for the Minneapolis-based Buffalo Wild Wings told FoxNews.com law enforcement officers are “always welcome” in its 840 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

“It is the company’s practice to allow credentialed officers to carry guns,” spokeswoman Angie Andresen told FoxNews.com. “We’re working with team members to make sure that everyone knows what the protocol is. They have apologized.”

It isn't the first time in recent months that an overzealous waitress has pulled rank on gun-toting cops. A Denny’s in Illinois made headlines in January when several detectives said they were told they couldn’t carry their guns in the restaurant. Belleville Police Department Chief William Clay later banned his officers from the eatery when on-duty or off-duty while still in uniform, despite assurances from restaurant officials that the incident was a misunderstanding.

Clay also issued a press release that identified the managers on duty and blamed the incident on “political stupidness.”

“This was an insult, a slap in the face to those detectives and to all of the men and women who proudly wear the uniform or badge and serve in law enforcement,” Clay wrote.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/28/buffalo-wild-wings-sorry-after-gun-fearing-waitress-refuses-to-serve-cops/print#ixzz2OuQSzBSh

• Downvote 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think it's Bdubs fault, just some ignant waitress.

It's not like they are gun friendly... It's really the only place that I would frequent chain-wise that i can think of that has postings besides government type buildings and the other obvious.

BDubs won't allow you to carry a gun but feel free to watch two grown men beat the living shit out of each other on the big screen while eating your meal, with your kids. Lol

If you choose to have your kids in a place that shows these events then that's on your parenting not Bdubs fault, just like its not their fault for how one person handles the gun situation vs another.... Now it IS Bdubs fault for a lack of training in these situations.

God forbid you can't carry a fucking gun somewhere. What's someone going to do, steal your fries?

no one has ever been shot at a bdubs, ever. Or in a parking lot. Or had their car stolen with their locked gun inside because they couldnt carry into a restaurant.

The waitress was most likely trained, she most likely didn't listen or read her employee process and procedures manual. We have on our website and many places that you must wait 48hrs before picking up an order. We put this in the confirmation e-mail that they are asked to bring to pick up an order. You would not believe the people that look you in the eyes, straight faced and whine; "48 hrs? It should say that on the website. This is bullshit. I want my order, it doesn't say that ANYWHERE on the website!"

I then calmly ask for their conformation e-mail they are holding in their hand and highlight 48hrs in the first paragraph.

Really, you're gonna stop eating there because of that? Ok.

I'm thinking the same thing, I must be missing something. I don't eat there because the food sucks, it's over priced mom and pop bar food. Basically unless you are eating wings, the place blows.

God forbid you can't carry a fucking gun somewhere. What's someone going to do, steal your fries?

This, you guys need to quit being faggots. I haven't carried a gun my whole life into places and I'm sure most of the population hasn't either. Wanna throw a fit because somebody doesn't want guns in their place then go cry at home. I wouldn't want guns in my place of business either and I'm a firearm enthusiast. This isn't the 1800's where ppl are having duels out in the street because you insulted his horse.

no one has ever been shot at a bdubs, ever. Or in a parking lot. Or had their car stolen with their locked gun inside because they couldnt carry into a restaurant.

I understand the exact point you're trying to make, but some people act like they have seperation anxiety from a gun, if it isn't on their hip.

Man the fuck up, you'll be okay with it left in the car.

Let's be honest, in a situation where someone might pull a gun and shoot someone in a bar or parking lot, I bet 80% of you would climb under a table and suck your thumb out of instinct. Everyone thinks carrying a gun will also make them a hero, and it's just a delusion of grandeur, and in my opinion, a false sense of security. If someone wants to shoot you, they're going to do it before you can react.

I think a weapon at home to protect your property is fitting, but carrying in every single establishment is a little much, IMO.

• Downvote 1

I understand exactly the point you're trying to make, but some people act like they have seperation anxiety from a gun, if it isn't on their hip.

Man the fuck up, you'll be okay with it left in the car.

Let's be honest, in a situation where someone might pull a gun and shoot someone in a bar or parking lot, I bet 80% of you would climb under a table and suck your thumb out of instinct. Everyone thinks carrying a gun will possibly make them a hero, and it's just a delusion of grandeur, and in my opinion, a false sense of security. If someone wants to shoot you, they're going to do it before you can react. I think a weapon at home to protect your property is fitting, but carrying in every single establishment is a little much, IMO.

Think of this a different way.

You are in a theater/restaurant/ or you you case, gay bar.

Idiot wants to shoot people, sure the first guy may go down, but the other people carrying guns sure as hell aren't going to let him just sit there are pick them off. It's about avoiding as much loss of life as possible. I can't imagine anyone I know not at least trying...

Place a CCW holder in that theater in aurora. I can't imagine anyone not at least trying? I mean, if this guy is going off shooting everyone he can, It's worth a chance to try and stop him from doing anymore harm.

The more law abiding gun carrying people the better. If I had a business, I'd give them a fucking discount to encourage their patronage. It's like a free security detail that might save the life of a customer or your own.

MEH, done ranting now.

Place a CCW holder in that theater in aurora. I can't imagine anyone not at least trying? I mean, if this guy is going off shooting everyone he can, It's worth a chance to try and stop him from doing anymore harm.

You may say that right now, but actually being in that situation, I have a hard time believing you wouldn't do anything but cry like a little girl, Jones.

Edited by Farkas

Easton Mall told me I can't wear a tin-foil hat, probably won't shop there any longer. You should probably start wearing one, too. Never know when aliens might try and scramble your brains... I just hope it isn't at the expense of you or somebody you love.