Gradys Performance?

TurboNova

My chassis guy gave me his number. I called steve grady up and considering taking my 400 over to him while its out right now to be freshened up with new steels and frictions and just check it out for the season.

It is an abruzzi 400 and has served me very well thus far...but abruzzi is in warren ohio and thats a drive. Anyone have good or bad dealings with grady doing high performance builds...?

My th400 is there right now getting fixed...I've heard great things about him too and will let you know how mine turns out when I get it back. He is great to deal with and also takes the time to help explain and talk things over with you.

I've used Steve Grady for the last 14 years or so for my transmission. I also purchase 90% of my performance parts through Steve. I think you would be happy with Steve and his work. Some of the smaller guys out there do great work and will spend the time working with you.

I've been doing business with Steve Grady for over 15 years. He has always done good work & he has integrity. The only thing is that sometimes it does take him a while to get it done. But it may have been that he was waiting for parts or I just ask him for things that are very specialized! I would highly recommend him. He is worth the wait.

I've been doing business with Steve Grady for over 15 years. He has always done good work & he has integrity. The only thing is that sometimes it does take him a while to get it done. But it may have been that he was waiting for parts or I just ask him for things that are very specialized! I would highly recommend him. He is worth the wait.

Truth. Made the mistake of telling him to take his time on a 12-bolt he was building. He had it for 6 months or so. But Steve is the kind of guy that will go through and figure out why it failed the way it did, and we also 17-spline stuff in what should have been 27-spline so he wanted to figure that out.

Dropped off to him today... agreed the man is very knowledgeable and takes time to explain anything you want to learn or know about in your transmission. Mine has no issues. Just figured while out I could find a good builder to freshen it for the season so I dont have an unexpected issue this year if it can be avoided.

he said 3 days, just depends once it is apart tomorrow and make sure nothing is looking too bad.

I have known Steve Grady for at least 15 years and he is a hell of a guy. A++++++

No offense to Steve and not saying that he is not capable but if that is an Abruzzi tranny, I would take it back up and let Marco fix it. We run Abruzzi glides in the Top Sportsman cars and Marco is the only person that works on them.

I have known Steve Grady for at least 15 years and he is a hell of a guy. A++++++

No offense to Steve and not saying that he is not capable but if that is an Abruzzi tranny, I would take it back up and let Marco fix it. We run Abruzzi glides in the Top Sportsman cars and Marco is the only person that works on them.

I have heard nothing but good stuff from racers that have been fast for a long time that steve can and will do great work. Marco is 3 hours away, so either drive 12 hours total there and back twice to get it worked on or pay a couple hundred bucks in freight.

Ill let steve work on it and then see how it goes for the next time. My trans had not one problem at the 1k mark I just figured id have it freshened while out of the car before I beat on it all year.

Steve made some valid points about shops like rossler and abruzzi so I will give him the money this time.

well the other racer I bought the trans from lied to me saying this was an abruzzi unit. Steve got it apart and it is a race prepped trans but some more professional race shop type prep stuff was not done. So now I feel really good about getting the trans back saturday. If it held up this well on the last build, after grady builds it and preps it with all the race stuff he does it should be a real nice unit.

well the other racer I bought the trans from lied to me saying this was an abruzzi unit. Steve got it apart and it is a race prepped trans but some more professional race shop type prep stuff was not done. So now I feel really good about getting the trans back saturday. If it held up this well on the last build, after grady builds it and preps it with all the race stuff he does it should be a real nice unit.

I hate that crap. My tranny was supposed to be a Performabuilt and once Evil8 got it apart and that was not the case at all.