Cars+Warm Weather+Models=?

99StockGT

I'm interested depending on the date and location. My car is the 89 Formula 350 from the AAP show. I would like to get some professional photos of my car by itself but any additional eye candy would be cool too. My car is black which I know can be a pain.

This probably goes without saying but if anyone decides to bring guns to the shoot to be photographed, it MUST be unloaded and be triple checked. Any weapons should also be secured when not in the owner's or photographer's possession. This should be common sense but I'm just throwing it out there.

Thanks for putting this together.

First of May, was thinking something maybe the second weekend in May? Looks like the majority of rides to be involved in this are cars so maybe we do a more urban look to start with see how that goes then possibly a truck/offroad shoot?

I have a Jeep :yuno:

Usually makes for a pretty fun experience, I set one of these up years ago when I was still living up north. Get some great photos, guys can stand around pretending to admire their cars and come up with angles to get "just the right" photo of the model/car. Kinda like how the Fiats at the Auto show get so many people taking photos of them....it has nothing to do with the gorgeous italian models standing with the econo-boxes.

Alright so, back in the states and time to get this ball rolling. Looks like we have quite a few people interested in this and the Urban setting would make more sense so we'll move forward with that. Looks like spring has finally sprung here too which will help things out as well, not fun trying to pose/shoot in the freezing springs.

If I could get a PM from everyone who's interested I'll build a master list on my end to see how many people we can spread the cost over. I'm going to aim for 4/5 different models with varying looks so everyone can get a wide range of shots with their ride(s).

Weekend days are usually the easiest, say maybe a Sunday late morning or early afternoon so we get some higher sun. Make it late enough so its post church so there are less scheduling conflicts.

Any suggestions on locations/specific looks you are wanting?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a roster of the models pretty well built, with timing between my travels for work and the models availability we are having to push the date back a little further than I like but not too terrible. Besides it gives me a couple weeks to put one of my toys back together :) Want to limit this to 20 rides, cost will be $20 per to cover the wages for the models who are going to be working for us, everything else I'll cover myself. We will be shooting from 11-1 to get the best possible light, obviously you'll probably want to get to the location a little early to get your makeup on and tires shined. I'm going to GUESS there will be a Cars and Coffee that weekend as well so hopefully everyone will already have to toys semi clean.

So...

Location will be posted once I get that finalized. Looking forward to it, these are always some fun events. Any questions comments suggestions feel free to PM me or post

Alright we'll all set! Roster of models is set, have 5 beautiful ladies signed up and ready to add a few extra hot points for our rides. Date will be June 15th from 11-1 at an as yet undisclosed location. We will have most like 2 or 3 photographers there to shoot so we should be able to get a good mix of styles/shots with all the different models on/around/in each ride. They will be bringing a mix of outfits as well to cater to different appeals. Depending on how the shoot goes and if some of the photos really pop we can discuss on an owner/photographer basis submitting them to print or online magazines.

Will be tossing up a Calendar event and starting a new post shortly in the Events section.