Dodge Circuit? Tesla Roadster?

Casper

i dont think it really matters... chrysler may steal as many ideas as they want, right now it isnt viable to buy a baterty operated cars. its kinda cool to think that we can build a not only a car that runs on batteries but a sports car that actually has decent performance based on the same idea, but in reality they weigh a ton, have reliabilty issues, take forever to charge, they are god aweful expensive, and i would really rather have the sound of beautiful exhaust urging me to go faster. :D until technology improves durastically i think these cars are more or less "looky what i can build" type of cars that will improve the image of a company such as chrysler. on the other hand tesla is basing a whole company off of the idea so that could step up the development.....

i dont think it really matters... chrysler may steal as many ideas as they want, right now it isnt viable to buy a baterty operated cars. its kinda cool to think that we can build a not only a car that runs on batteries but a sports car that actually has decent performance based on the same idea, but in reality they weigh a ton, have reliabilty issues, take forever to charge, they are god aweful expensive, and i would really rather have the sound of beautiful exhaust urging me to go faster. :D until technology improves durastically i think these cars are more or less "looky what i can build" type of cars that will improve the image of a company such as chrysler. on the other hand tesla is basing a whole company off of the idea so that could step up the development.....

I couldnt agree more! who wants to wait 10 whole minutes for a 90% charge and with the crummy range the tessela gets (150 miles) I would have to charge it every 6 or 8 days. And the weight, don't get me started on that, the freaking battery I use in my gsxr is over 1lb, the thing is freaking HEAVY!!!

If you want to see a piece of shit car lookup the electric cobra and mustang.

I couldnt agree more! who wants to wait 10 whole minutes for a 90% charge and with the crummy range the tessela gets (150 miles) I would have to charge it every 6 or 8 days. And the weight, don't get me started on that, the freaking battery I use in my gsxr is over 1lb, the thing is freaking HEAVY!!!

If you want to see a piece of shit car lookup the electric cobra and mustang.

so lets kill the sarcasm, the teslas take 10-14 HOURS!!! to charge with a range of 200 miles. i would have to charge that thing every other day, and no your battery in your gsxr does not weigh only one pound, try 5-7.... now imagine filling a whole cars floorboard and a good portion of the trunk with your "1lb" battery... that makes a 2700lb curb weighted sports car? thats based off a car with a curb weight of 1900lbs..... thats almost a half a ton of added curb weight. and reliabilty.... tesla even says they have reliability issues, and cost? near $100,000? think what else i can buy for 100g?

i do commend the builders for taking on technology we really need and i hope it gets better dont get me wrong i was just saying it is not logicall to invest in a bettery opperated sports car right now.

I'll bet you a hundred bucks, actually I will bet you whatever you can afford that my battery wieghs about a pound, ask flounder, campus racer or bornsinner. It was 1/2 pound before I doubled it's size just to be on the safe side.

Actually McLovin can tell you how powerfull that battery is!!

The "reason" it takes 10-12 hours to charge is because of a limitation on your homes electrical service and NOT the battery. The battery can charge to 90% within 10 minutes

Edited by shittygsxr

close...

actually "A full recharge of the battery system requires 3½ hours using the High Power Connector which supplies 70 amp, 240 volt electricity; in practice, recharge cycles usually start from a partially charged state and require less time. A fully charged ESS stores approximately 53 kWh of electrical energy at a nominal 375 volts and weighs 992 lb (450 kg)"

sorry guys I was wrong with the 90% in ten minutes thing, they are safely charging up to 95% within 5 minutes. Of course the power supply is always the limiting factor. I guess we will have to wait for "eletric stations" for those kinds of results

sorry guys I was wrong with the 90% in ten minutes thing, they are safely charging up to 95% within 5 minutes. Of course the power supply is always the limiting factor. I guess we will have to wait for "eletric stations" for those kinds of results

Yeah the infrastructure to refuel all the alternative fuel vehicles will be the only thing holding the US back.