Logged in vs not logged in

Casper

I updated a few things today. I added a mod which allows Google to crawl the site. This allows easier searching. I made the forums listed within "The Lounge" accessible by guests. All other forums are only viewable to registered members who are logged in. If you have any questions or problems with this, let me know. Otherwise, game on.

• 3 weeks later...

I made the forums listed within "The Lounge" accessible by guests. All other forums are only viewable to registered members who are logged in.

Didnt even notice I wasn't logged in but I was able to look at basically everything I wanted to. Then I remembered that I thought I read something yesterday about not being able to view certain areas without being logged in. I think the idea of being able to search the lounge as a guest is cool simply because people who are curious of the site may want to go in and look at the introductions especially. You know just to see if they think the people are cool and if they have a positive attitude about new members. But, if the guest are able to go in and look at events and all then that might be letting them stick their hand a little too far into the cookie jar. I mean we do want more members-higher numbers- but why would people even bother to register if they have full access to the site as a guest? The link off myspace is GREAT especially how it directs people to the events section. For example, If a local rider happens to come accross the mypace page and is looking for something to do, they can easily follow the link and go into the events section without even registering. This is cool, but I just think you should make them register first...

**I'm not trying to be a dick or a smartass in any way I just thoughT I would throw that out there. Let me know what you think...