Anyone have TCX boots?

ross

Which boot should i go with?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which boot should i go with?

• TCX SS Performance 2 $169.95
    • Alpinestars S-MX R $189.95
    • Alpinestars S-MX 5 $219.95

I've been thinking about getting some full length boots lately. I went to iron pony tonight and tried on some sidi's and some a-stars but they didn't have my size in a-stars and the sidi's are a little more than i'm looking to pay. I like the a-star s-mx 5's and the sidi b-2's. Both felt really comfortable but i'd like to find something a little cheaper.

I looked on the iron pony site and found the TCX SS Sport boot. i didn't see it at the store but i really like the looks of it and the price.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/TCX-09-SS-SPORT-TOURING-BOOT-BLACK.jpg/Brand/TCX/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

Anyone have this boot or any TCX boot? what do you think of it?

Edited by ross

You know I was actually looking at those today when I was over there. Let me know what you find out!

here's a nice review i found on them. i think i'm going to go back tomorrow to check them out.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/tcx-ss-performance-2-boots/

where are they in the store though? i didn't see them but i was mostly around the sidi and a-star sections.

I bought them this winter and have put around 800 miles on with them on. I have to say I like them. I read a lot of reviews and for the price I was between AGV and these TCX SS boots. The reviews I have found and the people on forums I have talked to were right to say they are a good boot for the price. Being they are my first boots I wouldn't be able to give you any comparison to other riding boots. They hold real well on my pegs but that probably has more to do with the pegs. They are very comfortable, I have spent around 30-45 min. walking around in them when I stop to get coffee. When I first got them I wore them thinking it would be best to wear them in but they feel as good now as they did when I pulled them out of the box. The only thing I have heard is they are more of a street riding boot than a track boot. I would guess because the toe slider is plastic and they are not the quality and protection of a Sidi or A* but are also quite a bit cheaper. I would buy them again for street riding If I was to get serious about going to the track I would buy a higher quality boot.

I hope this helps. I am by no means a gear critic but told you what I know from my experience.

I bought them this winter and have put around 800 miles on with them on. I have to say I like them. I read a lot of reviews and for the price I was between AGV and these TCX SS boots. The reviews I have found and the people on forums I have talked to were right to say they are a good boot for the price. Being they are my first boots I wouldn't be able to give you any comparison to other riding boots. They hold real well on my pegs but that probably has more to do with the pegs. They are very comfortable, I have spent around 30-45 min. walking around in them when I stop to get coffee. When I first got them I wore them thinking it would be best to wear them in but they feel as good now as they did when I pulled them out of the box. The only thing I have heard is they are more of a street riding boot than a track boot. I would guess because the toe slider is plastic and they are not the quality and protection of a Sidi or A* but are also quite a bit cheaper. I would buy them again for street riding If I was to get serious about going to the track I would buy a higher quality boot.

I hope this helps. I am by no means a gear critic but told you what I know from my experience.

Also I wear an 11.5 and have regular feet. Not skinny or wide just regular and the size 46 fits perfect with thick sock, 2 pairs of socks and regular white socks.

thanks man that is exactly the type of stuff i'm wanting to know about these boots. I'm planning on going back to the pony tomorrow to check them out and try on a few more boots.

OXTAR is now TCX. So they've been around for awhile, just new name. Just incase you didn't know.
TCX is a good boot.. They used to be called Oxtar for those that dont know but due to a legal issue had to change their name.

the person that wrote the review i posted mentions that the changed their name. he seems like he was a die hard Oxtar fan and he seems to like the new tcx boot just as much.

the person that wrote the review i posted mentions that the changed their name. he seems like he was a die hard Oxtar fan and he seems to like the new tcx boot just as much.

Its the same company,, just a name change.. The Oxtar top of the line model boot was called the TCX... Now they just changed the name of the company to TCX.. I didnt read the article. Im sure yota still has his pair of Oxtar TCX boots and the new TCX is just an upgrade to last years model.

Like I said, WSB riders are wearing the TCX Competizione RS model so they are definitely good enough for us street, track day'ers

Ross. I believe the boots you are looking for are to the left of the sidi display, past the hardley boots and just right of all the Monster gear. Right behind the Gaerne boots.

Ross. I believe the boots you are looking for are to the left of the sidi display, past the hardley boots and just right of all the Monster gear. Right behind the Gaerne boots.

thats exactly where they were. I'm still stuck on which boots i want. I really like the B2's and the TCX's that i looked at were $199 so its almost worth the extra just to get the sidi's.

Yea, I wore the Oxtar TCS Evo replicas. I absolutely loved them... but after over a year of abuse they started wearing out on me. I will still wear them this year, but they arent as comfortable as they use to be. The bottom by the toe of your foot (track/agressive riding postion) started to get really weak on me. But, i would buy them again.

Yea, I wore the Oxtar TCS Evo replicas. I absolutely loved them... but after over a year of abuse they started wearing out on me. I will still wear them this year, but they arent as comfortable as they use to be. The bottom by the toe of your foot (track/agressive riding postion) started to get really weak on me. But, i would buy them again.

Yes but you also walked around in them all day long on hundreds of occasions. They arent really meant to be worn as shoes so you have to take that into account. All race boots will do the same thing.

Yes but you also walked around in them all day long on hundreds of occasions. They arent really meant to be worn as shoes so you have to take that into account. All race boots will do the same thing.

Very true. I wore them a lot. I got my use out them for sure

I found a few good deals on some boots online. I made a poll so we'll see how that goes.

S-MX R's

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=2246

S-MX 5's

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4398

TCX SS's

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4168

Here's why I voted for the TCX. You can save a little more at New Enough if they have your size. Or you might be able to get someone to price match.

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/boots/tcx/ss_performance_2_racing_motorcycle_boots.html