Just applied at OSU

Goldie

I just applied for a student services position with OSU, the position sounds great, and to be able to work for OSU would be awesome. I know a few members from here work there, got any advice?

Good luck trying to deal with people...i work at OIT over on kenny rd and all it is are a buch of hippies and gay guys (really no offense) but i cant make any jokes, have any views, or say anything about the news or i get my head bit off because it might cause conflict in the office or offend someone, regardless of my right to those views.

I've been working at the Blackwell since fall quarter. It's shitty, but it's mindless and an easy paycheck. I've been sending out apps for clerical positions (read: secretary stuff) just for a change of pace, but it's not going well. Got a phone interview last week, but I think I screwed up and f'd my chances. Oh well, I just consider it a learning experience.

Also, like Tomcat said, there are a lot of gay people for some reason. Not that it's a bad thing, but ya gotta watch what you say.

Are you big on LSD? Just curious because I think of it all the time I see you post/avatar.

Nick,

ACID is a cigar company (http://www.drewestate.com/index.cfm?page=acid) so no, I am not obsessed with LSD, or any drug for that matter. I actually don't even really like the cigars that much anymore, but they are an advocate for motorcycles, and racing, so I like what they stand for.

Anyway, thanks for all that replied with some constructive comments. I guess I can only hope things work out, otherwise, unemployment will be supporting my ass for a while.