22ple Metal Coating Exhaust Stress Test

ForeverMaker

Part I of II

My Z06 has no catalytics and the exhaust tips are impossible to keep clean. I am probably going to redo them in matte black at some point, but before that happens, lets put 22ple metal coating to the test.

As you may know, 22ple comes in three flavors -- for paint, for rubber/plastic trim, and for metal. It gives amazing protection and contaminant shedding properties that last 1-2 years.

After not even 2 days of driving the tips look like this...

DSC_0885.JPG

Going to start with some Optimum Metal polish and some #0000 steel wool to attack the grime. (there is pitting, etc. so this isn't a perfect exhaust anyway)

DSC_0886.JPG

DSC_0887.JPG

Good enough - time for the coating

DSC_0893.JPG

Wipe off with a cloth and we are set to go...

DSC_0896.JPG

I will follow up next weekend with Part II to see how easy it is to maintain. Any questions let me know.

Interesting. How much is it and where can I get some?

here is pricing. yes you can order it direct from Todd. If you are interested in getting it at about 10% off PM me.

http://i.imgur.com/4uuvnfT.png?1

was it weird putting your hand in four black holes in less than a hour?

just a typical weekend.

Interested to see the results. I ended up using the 22ple for paint on my wheels which have bare aluminum lips because I didn't want to buy a new bottle of the metal stuff. Ill be interested to see how it does over time.