Auto Shipping

Sparky

Possibly looking to get a car shipped. Who has done this and where is the best place to look? What sort of payment arrangements have you done when buying?

I used a guy Sam's Transport - 602-561-6410 he has very good rates to ship vehicles. I used him twice - once when I shipped a car from Dublin to Phoenix and Phoenix to Columbus. I paid through money wire. I don;t trust paypal for a vehicle purchase.

I had Pilot Transport pick up my then-new Z06 from NH and deliver it home. The company is used by Honda to transport prototypes and production cars alike. Payment was due upon delivery.

I bought my Regal while it was in California. Had the buyer buy my wife and I two plane tickets and we drove the car back. 3 days, 12 hours, 800 miles a day. Stayed a hotel room each night (free since my parents had free nights at random hotels). It also helped that I've known him for a while from previous message boards. Basically just had to pay for gas and food.

Much funner than having the car trailered.

I bought my Regal while it was in California. Had the buyer buy my wife and I two plane tickets and we drove the car back. 3 days, 12 hours, 800 miles a day. Stayed a hotel room each night (free since my parents had free nights at random hotels). It also helped that I've known him for a while from previous message boards. Basically just had to pay for gas and food.

Much funner than having the car trailered.

This.

The car I'm looking at is in Minneapolis. I'm weighing buying a ticket and driving back or getting it transported.

I'f you're down for an adventure might I suggest picking the car up in Minneapolis, then taking route 2 through the UP of Michigan on your way home. Rt 2 is a simplistic two lane road that takes you through some of the most beautiful country this side of the continental divide; you won't even realize you're driving. Of course there are downsides: repair shops are few and far between (especially Foreign), and it is a slightly longer drive then going though Wisconsin/Chicago, like I said, more of an adventure. Personally I'd take the Women and make a mini vacation out of it, the UP is downright amazing.

Just this past October I used Uship, the one that has become famous from the show 'Shipping Wars'. I got a 1/2 ton truck from St. Louis for $325.

Other times I've used Able Auto I believe? It's been a while. Had an RX7 from Cali for $700 and another RX7 overnight from Alabama for $500.

Ill have to look into these companies - I would love to make a road trip of it but I don't have any vacation days available to do that. Looking for an Audi Coupe Quattro. They are somewhat rare at this point.

Ill have to look into these companies - I would love to make a road trip of it but I don't have any vacation days available to do that. Looking for an Audi Coupe Quattro. They are somewhat rare at this point.

Finally getting another CQ project goin? I'd love to help out on this. Big fan of them as you know.

I know two local guys who own their own operations. shoot me a PM for their contact info. these guys know their stuff and I'm sure will be cheaper since this is where they live