House bill 203

87GT

"Modifies the state's self-defense law. Under current law, a person has no duty to retreat before using deadly force if that person is in their own home or automobile. This legislation would expand that to any place a person has a lawful right to be."

I dont mind this part but, I could definitely see possible issues with people taking advantage of it during "heated disputes" in public which could be a problem.

:thumbup:

It says it eliminates the 12 hour minimum training requirement, not that it eliminates the training requirement. This part isn't clear to me but I'm assuming there will still be some sort of training required.

Offering non-resident permits is always good.

More reciprocity is always good.

Adding in NICS checks SHOULD be a good thing. In North Carolina when you apply for a CHL they do a background check that the Feds feel is good enough that when you go to buy a gun you can just show your CHL and they don't have to do another background check. If this is how it will work here then I'm all for it.

As for stand your ground, I think that the Zimmerman trial will prove whether or not these work as intended. If he's found guilty then stand your ground might not be such a good idea.

:thumbup:

It says it eliminates the 12 hour minimum training requirement, not that it eliminates the training requirement. This part isn't clear to me but I'm assuming there will still be some sort of training required.

Offering non-resident permits is always good.

More reciprocity is always good.

Adding in NICS checks SHOULD be a good thing. In North Carolina when you apply for a CHL they do a background check that the Feds feel is good enough that when you go to buy a gun you can just show your CHL and they don't have to do another background check. If this is how it will work here then I'm all for it.

As for stand your ground, I think that the Zimmerman trial will prove whether or not these work as intended. If he's found guilty then stand your ground might not be such a good idea.

I dont think the Zimmerman trial has that big of an effect on the stand your ground laws as situations like this

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2012/03/fl-man-cleared-in-stand-your-ground-stabbing.html

This situation is honestly nothing more than a murky law allowing a criminal to get away with being a criminal.

For me to be on board with it, initiating confrontation and any criminal activities connected to the incident qualifiers need to be added.

I dont think the Zimmerman trial has that big of an effect on the stand your ground laws as situations like this

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2012/03/fl-man-cleared-in-stand-your-ground-stabbing.html

This situation is honestly nothing more than a murky law allowing a criminal to get away with being a criminal.

For me to be on board with it, initiating confrontation and any criminal activities connected to the incident qualifiers need to be added.

Don't know what to thin , but then, there is one less criminal to worry about in FL.

Don't know what to thin , but then, there is one less criminal to worry about in FL.

And another criminal that got away with murder and selling stolen property

Didn't know he had stolen property too. I guess he must have had one hell of an lawyer.

Read the damn article

Still, after the fatal stabbing, Garcia did not call 911. Instead, he hid the knife and sold two of Roteta's car radios, then initially denied the killing when interviewed by police. None of those facts played into the judge's decision.

Speaking as an instructor, I feel that there should be 12 hours of training and more time spent at the range or on tactics. I have had/seen way to many people in a class that needed more help than just 100 rounds. And the largest trainer in Franklin county just shoves people thru the door, it's sad really I had to re-train a couple of his students.

Speaking as an instructor, I feel that there should be 12 hours of training and more time spent at the range or on tactics. I have had/seen way to many people in a class that needed more help than just 100 rounds. And the largest trainer in Franklin county just shoves people thru the door, it's sad really I had to re-train a couple of his students.

I agree in part, that many shooters are nowhere near competent after such a short session. However, I don't know how I feel about competency vs. rights.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree in part, that many shooters are nowhere near competent after such a short session. However, I don't know how I feel about competency vs. rights.

when someone shoots through their target cuz they have the "right" to carry a 44 mag and hit you in the leg let me know how your thoughts change..